PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...)

Posted by: bomba6

PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 11:40 AM

My PSR-S950's INTRO I, II, III and main A,B,C are lighting in the color Orange, instead of Green.
See picture (I can't attach a video ATM).

I'm using a genuine Yamaha's AC, and changed my AC outlet to rule out electrical problem.

Have anyone of you have seen this before?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 12:28 PM

Try doing a factory reset...Pg 31 in the Owner's Manual.

You can also reset a specified setting to the factory default value.

Call up the operation display: [FUNCTION]  [I] UTILITY  TAB [E][F] SYSTEM RESET.

For details, refer to the Reference Manual.

Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Ian
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 01:39 PM

I don't believe a factory reset will change this at all. It appears that the voltage to those lights is lower than it should be, which may, or may not be a power supply problem. LEDs can do some whacky things when the voltage requirements are not absolutely on the money, and it only takes one component in the power supply or one of the boards to cause this. This may be a send it back to the factor repair center job.

Good Luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: Bachus

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I don't believe a factory reset will change this at all. It appears that the voltage to those lights is lower than it should be, which may, or may not be a power supply problem. LEDs can do some whacky things when the voltage requirements are not absolutely on the money, and it only takes one component in the power supply or one of the boards to cause this. This may be a send it back to the factor repair center job.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

Yes probably a send back... Often times there is a network of resistors connected to those lights, one of them might be broken..
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 02:56 PM

European voltage changes could cause problems without the proper converters..

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 03:31 PM

Donny, the OP is in Israel, the power there is 220-240-volts AC. The PA300 power supply that came with the keyboard is a universal power supply, and it runs on both 120 or 240 volts AC, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Gary cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/26/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, the OP is in Israel, the power there is 220-240-volts AC. The PA300 power supply that came with the keyboard is a universal power supply, and it runs on both 120 or 240 volts AC, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Gary cool

Gary good to know ....is it a used KB purchase?....maybe previous owner error?

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/27/14 12:27 PM

This is a newly (less than a year) purchaed unit.
I still got it under warranty.

I will contact my local dealer.

I never had this kind of problem with any previous Yamaha keyboard I've owned (and all were newly purchased, all with genuine Yamaha power supplies).

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated.
Posted by: Rustykeys

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 10/28/14 04:50 PM

More than likely its the voltage, cycles of 50 that the lights dont like . Over here in the US we have 60 cycles.

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 11/14/14 10:18 AM

Went today to the local dealership.
The technician was very surprised with this kind of issue, said he never heard about it.

Anyway, couple of hours later he resolved the problem, something with the LEDs (not an electrical problem, or a faulty board, just one f*cked up LED that affected the others).

Everything is fixed now.

Re: PSR-S950 orange lights (instead of green...) - 11/14/14 10:22 AM

Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

Gary cool