Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar

Posted by: Anonymous

Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/22/14 02:49 PM

If anyone is interested in keyboard guitars, this is another example of the 'steel finger strumming guitar' of the Integra. I played it 2 hands live in a blues style (Sweet home... from Blues Brothers). It has a so-calles supernatural behavior so as soon as you play a chord, it makes it change to a strumming.
http://youtu.be/roBiP-a7tt4
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: rosetree
If anyone is interested in keyboard guitars, this is another example of the 'steel finger strumming guitar' of the Integra. I played it 2 hands live in a blues style (Sweet home... from Blues Brothers). It has a so-calles supernatural behavior so as soon as you play a chord, it makes it change to a strumming.

This is where Sa2 and super naturall sounds have surpassed the competition...
Playable instruments, that dont require the use of 5 switches and 3 wheels.. But they totally react to how you play...

Korg DNC, which is comparable with Sa1 voices require much more the use of extra input...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

This is where Sa2 and Super Natural sounds have surpassed the competition...

Bachus AGREED!! headphone

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 05:38 AM

'SuperNatural' means Roland, just for clarity. So this means you like this guitar, Don? As it is the same as in the Kaempfert tune posted recently.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 05:50 AM

'SuperNatural' means Roland, just for clarity. So this means you like this guitar, Don? As it is the same as in the Kaempfert tune posted recently.

For me the sound of the guitar was fine but not earth shattering that my S-950 or any Tyros couldn't emulate just as good, headphone
With today's sound technology in keyboards unlike years ago,....
they are all pretty close and any sound can be altered to suit the needs of the player. It's the "Technic used to play them" that makes all the difference!... keys

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 06:16 AM

Well, as I said in the other thread, you can't play it like that with a Motif XF / MoXF, as there is no automatic strumming. And as Bachus says, Korg doesn't have it. Roland BK-9 has a guitar with automatic strumming (but not this guitar I think, a harsher one), BK-7m doesn't have these features, so I don't like its guitar-focused styles too much.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 06:26 AM

I haven't heard better guitars on an arranger then this on T5.... guitar

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 06:35 AM

Very good guitars in this video, but all electric ones., I used a purely acoustic one in my example, so it doesn't serve for a comparison. I trust there are great acoustic ones in the Tyros, but I would like to hear such a 'dry strumming' as in the Integra.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 07:14 AM

Very good guitars in this video, but all electric ones., I used a purely acoustic one in my example, so it doesn't serve for a comparison. I trust there are great acoustic ones in the Tyros, but I would like to hear such a 'dry strumming' as in the Integra.

Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I have...besides it is the "talent and skill level" that makes electric and acoustic guitars sound real..

Example:

http://www.donmasonmusic.com/That's%20All%20Right%20Mama%2012-06.mp3

BTW: I think electric guitars are easier to pull off..it is all about the effects..
A strumming acoustic is another story...
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 07:33 AM

Rosetree,

How are the electric guitars in the Integra?

How do you use the strumming feature when playing with an arranger style...does it sync to the tempo?

Ian

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I have...besides it is the "talent and skill level" that makes electric and acoustic guitars sound real..

Example:

http://www.donmasonmusic.com/That's%20All%20Right%20Mama%2012-06.mp3

BTW: I think electric guitars are easier to pull off..it is all about the effects..
A strumming acoustic is another story...

Roland G70 Guitar strumming... not bad either..
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 07:59 AM

Where the Hell is Don Mason when you need him? wink

Gary cool

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 08:24 AM

Rosetree, I forgot to add...is the strumming (on the Integra) is available in different time signatures, such as 3/4, 2/4, 6/8, or 12/8 ?

Ian

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Rosetree,

How are the electric guitars in the Integra?

How do you use the strumming feature when playing with an arranger style...does it sync to the tempo?

Ian

I made a demo of several acoustic and electric guitars of the Integra last year:
http://youtu.be/isy5vOjzX4s

I haven't tried using Integra tones for style parts. Sync shouldn't be a problem at all if you simply assign an Integra guitar tone part to the midi channel of the style part of the arranger, but I haven't tried if the strumming works fine then.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 08:48 AM

The electrics are very nice indeed, but, for my ears, the acoustics really shine! It may have something to do with the effects.

Regarding playing the strumming along with a style...I meant that the player would use the strumming guitar part in the right hand and if it would, or could be, synced.

It would be interesting to see if the strumming works within a style as well.

Ian

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 08:51 AM

The electrics are very nice indeed, but, for my ears, the acoustics really shine! It may have something to do with the effects.

Regarding playing the strumming along with a style...I meant that the player would use the strumming guitar part in the right hand and if it would, or could be, synced.

It would be interesting to see if the strumming works within a style as well.

Ian

Ian as you well know the Yamaha Multipads strumming guitars are more then enough to cover all bases. Another great Yamaha feature. And can also be used Solo to play and sing a song very well for that Acoustic unplugged sound, or to offset an Into etc..! headphone
Posted by: DonM

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 08:52 AM

I am presently for hire. smile
I am flattered by the nice comments. I think That's All Right was on a Ketron, but it may have been Roland.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 09:03 AM

My only beef with Yamaha's Multipad guitars (strumming and picking) is that they do not respond to ON BASS fingering.

They are okay as long as you play root based chords but they will not read slash chords like F/G, C/E, G/B etc. and they tend to sound unnatural when used in a song with such chords.

Rather than use the pads, often I will enhance, duplicate, or turn up a style part that gives me a nice strum and also follows ON BASS fingering.

Yes, it's a detail, but, in my opinion, and for my needs...an important one.

Ian
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 11:22 AM

Doesn't sound exactly like an acoustic blues guitar to me..but still impressive what someone like this(rosetree)can do on a keyboard with the right equipment.

smile
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
I am presently for hire. smile
I am flattered by the nice comments. I think That's All Right was on a Ketron, but it may have been Roland.

It was a G70 smile
Posted by: abacus

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 12:13 PM

Hardware has come on in leaps and bounds since a few years ago, however they still have some way to go to reach software standards.

Bill

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/23/14 01:47 PM

Rosetree, I forgot to add...is the strumming (on the Integra) is available in different time signatures, such as 3/4, 2/4, 6/8, or 12/8 ?

Ian

That's a misunderstanding. The strumming is only a "one-time strumming", i.e. you play a chord, and the behavior modeling changes these three simultaneous notes into a strummed chord (and also a different sample with a stronger 'noise' component). But the Integra has no workstation features such as patterns or arpeggios! So this also answers your question about synchronizing a right-hand part: this doesn't exist. You can only create rhythms via midi.

Re: Demo Roland Integra strumming ac.blues guitar - 09/25/14 09:46 AM

I re-recorded the Blues Brothers tune with an ELECTRIC blues guitar of the Integra-7: SuperNatural "Blues Master", combined with ExSN4 Acoustic Nylon Strumming.
http://youtu.be/BLH96ubAqpI