TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150

Posted by: PraiseTheLord

TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/10/14 04:13 PM

I saw that some people were going to try this unit. I control my own mic through the keyboard, but I had my wife with me on Sunday and, on paper, this would have been great for her own PA, on the songs she sang for me.

Any feedback?
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/10/14 06:15 PM

You need a substantial mic stand to hold it up ... it's top heavy and tips easily.
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/12/14 08:46 PM

How about sound?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/13/14 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
How about sound?

[video:youtube]http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicesolo-fx150/#videos[/video]
Posted by: jimlaing

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/13/14 06:16 AM

Hi - the lead singer in my band just got one; he used it at a gig this past weekend. He said he really likes the clarity of the sounds. He seems to like the 'interface' - I wouldn't mind seeing dedicated vol knobs for each channel rather than pressing a button for that channel then adjusting the one knob.

He ran his guitar thru it too - he said it would be ideal if this had TC-Helicon's harmony 'stuff' built in too (taking the guitar signal to determine the harmonies).

My impression is that he was happy with it, but he only got it a week ago and only tried it at his house, then on this 1 gig, so far ...

Jim
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/13/14 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
it would be ideal if this had TC-Helicon's harmony 'stuff' built in too (taking the guitar signal to determine the harmonies)

You just described the VLT2 and any generic monitor!
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/14/14 05:01 AM

Also the VoiceLive Play GTX would fill the bill excellent.
And.... I might be selling mine if I like the VH2 in the S950 enough.
If I sell it, I would ask $250 + Shipping and it would include the TC Harmony MP75 microphone., which is designed for it. It has a dedicated button on the mic to switch off and on the effects.
Won't be getting the S950 until the middle of next week though, so won't know for at least a week if I'd want to sell it.
Jim
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 06/14/14 09:05 AM

I got the Voice Solo when it first became available. It’s nice for what it is. However, I think my Behringer B205D monitors sound just as good. But, they don’t have the built-in effects. I like the guitar through the Voice Solo as much as anything else.
Posted by: KORG80

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 10:10 AM

Oldnewb,

You will not like the harmony in the S950. VH2 is basically a toy. Keep your Helicon unit. I thought the 950 was going to give me everything I need in one package. VH2 was so poor in comparison to my stand alone Digitech that I bought the 750 instead.

God Bless,
Don
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 11:08 AM

Don, my post was from 2 yrs ago.
I've kept my TC Helicon, had the S950 but now have the S970
Jim
Posted by: Dnj

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 11:44 AM

Yamaha needs to really uprade the VH units in their Tyros & S units in the future to compete with TC/Korg etc, etc,....
Posted by: Bachus

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Yamaha needs to really uprade the VH units in their Tyros & S units in the future to compete with TC/Korg etc, etc,....

Yes they do...

Wonder if they realise this... Glad i almost never sing, but this seems to be the weakest point of the tyros5...
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 04:12 PM

Actually, when properly tuned, Yamaha's newer vocal processors are actually pretty darned good. I agree, they are not in the same league as most stand alone processors, but for an onboard processor, in the hands of a good singer, they sound surprisingly good. And, in reality, most audiences would not know the difference. Vocal harmony is still just a gimmick that provides some diversity for vocalist, and is especially helpful during a live performance.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/29/16 09:20 PM

I agree with Gary. I’ve noticed a gradual vocal improvement with each new model. I’m currently playing out with the S970. The vocal harmony is definitely improved over the S950. Although I’m mostly instrumental, the vocal harmonies add a nice touch when needed.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Solo FX150 - 07/30/16 04:41 AM

I agree the VH2 is good, but after gigging with the PA 4X and TC Helicon....

smile