Enjoy

Bill

Posted by: mirza

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/07/14 04:26 AM

nice video
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/07/14 07:02 AM

Riveting, Bill.

Actually, too intense for me...I had to avert my eyes several times during first 8 minutes or so, until I finally had to give up altogether and go have a cuppa tea.

Definitely not for the squeamish.

Ian
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/07/14 07:38 AM

Neat video - just clarifies what I've always said, there's not a lot of wasted space inside today's arranger keyboards. Things are packed pretty tight and in layers, which was the case with my PSR-3000. When I watched the tech working on mine one afternoon, replacing a worn midi connector, I thought to myself, "I'm sure glad he's doing this job instead of me." Electronic gear is more and more complex, and it takes a lot more skill than I ever possessed.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/07/14 08:36 AM

... and I thought there was a bunch of little people in there playing all those instruments !!! ... laugh2

Actually this was an interesting video ... when he first opened the top it reminded me of when I leased a new car a few months ago and asked the salesman if I could look under the hood ... he gave a little smile and said "Sure" ... he lifted up the hood and all I saw was the cover over the whole engine ... except for where to put the windshield washer fluid, oil, and coolant, I could see NOTHING else ... of course the manufacturers don't want any of US to be fooling around with their product and messing it up ...

thanks for the post, Bill
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/08/14 05:21 AM

I like watching these teardowns, I watched quite a few of computers and gaming consoles being teared down completely, as the guy said in this video it was only a brief one, still interesting though.

I think the last keyboard of mine I had to disassemble was the Solton X1 because of the faulty screen I thought there was a connector loose somewhere. I've also been in the GEM WK6 and PA-60.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/08/14 11:37 AM

What an amateur, you should not touch electronics withouth an ESD safe wriststrap...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Inside the Tyros 4 - 03/08/14 11:51 AM

... I should be wearing one of those just walking around the house in this cold, dry weather ... laugh2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antistatic_wrist_strap