BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago...

Posted by: Dnj

BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/06/14 09:20 AM

BEATLES
Posted by: DMAC

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 08:33 AM

50 Years, Wow,,, I was sitting in my family living room, watching Ed Sullivan (10 years old back then) and seeing the Beatles for the 1st time, heard them on radio prior, loved their music, of course still do. I think it would be safe to say a lot of others on this forum had the same experience, seeing them for the 1st time. The history they made,, incredible.

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 08:57 AM

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 09:52 AM

And for all you Beatles fans here is a Beatles Medley SMF I use alot...

enjoy it.. keys
Posted by: DonM

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 10:42 AM

Beautiful work by Robbie!
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 11:24 AM

Robbie is great singer...first time I heard him.

Nice arrangement, and beautiful playing.

Ian

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/07/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Robbie is great singer...first time I heard him.

Nice arrangement, and beautiful playing.

Ian

check out his other you tube videos

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robbie%20tyros&sm=3
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 09:27 AM

Great performance by Paul and Ringo who are both in their 70's. Was it my ears or was Annie Lennox a little in need of pitch correction in a couple of places?
Posted by: KORG80

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 09:51 AM

This is my only recording that was not done live in one take. In the original John;s voice is double tracked for the bridge. Of course it was done the old way by singing along in sync with the first take. That`s the way I did it too. Took me nearly a dozen takes. Anyway here is my take on ``This Boy``.

https://soundcloud.com/wsyakfisher-1/this-boy

Don and Phil started me on my way and the Beatles got me ``hooked``. Even spent some time as a pseudo Beatle in the 60`s. Can`t believe it was 50 years ago. Now I understand how I got to be 67!

God Bless,
Don

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 10:43 AM

Don, that was a great rendition. I enjoyed it.
Posted by: big741.1

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 11:23 AM

As did I. clap
Posted by: DMAC

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 12:09 PM

Great rendition of the tune. Harmonies were spot on. The work, time you spent on recording the tune paid off. Great stuff. clap My wife and I watched the 50th anniversary show last nite,, and we can both remember vividly when the Fab Four appeared for the 1st time on Ed Sullivan. Doesn't seem like that long ago. Now she's making me promise to do a Beatles disc for her. I may give it a try.
Posted by: Joesax

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 01:25 PM

Yes, very nice rendition. Sounds like the the FAB 4 too me.

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 05:07 PM

Thanks guys! That's my Digitech Vocalist 4 on its EAGLETS 3 setting. I chose this vocal processor over Voice Live 2 from TC. Which was $1200 Canadian about 4 years ago. I had Digitech side by side with TC and Digitech won and I saved $800. After talking with Tony Mads I started looking and found a Digitech desktop model which does Midi and can sit right on the keyboard. With this I'm starting to wonder if I can get away with Korg PA 600 instead of the 900. (I have equal respect for both Yamaha and Korg.) This choice would save me another $800 in price differential between the two Korgs.

Hope Don M weighs in on this because if I should keep saving for the 900 I will do that. Even though my original plan was to go PSR S 750 and Korg PA 600 with external harmonizer. I love the convenience of onboard harmony and got a taste of it with a rented PA 800. Just not sure I can live with TC when I have so much respect for Digitech.

God Bless,
Don

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 06:18 PM

clap headphone I enjoy the warmth of the Digitech VH over the TC units also... Nice version of a great song!

Thanx
Posted by: zuki

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 07:08 PM

I'd like to do at least 6 songs from last night, if not more. Great arrangements. A testament that music makes you young.

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/10/14 07:16 PM

I do a lot of Beatle songs. They always go over well in any venue. Wish I could even approach the level of most of the performances on this show.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 01:01 AM

The classic rock band I play in plays a 6 minute medley of Beatles songs Help -> Twist And Shout -> Drive My Car -> Get Back -> Day Tripper -> Back In The USSR Key wise it works pretty well.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 04:14 AM

I do several Beatles' tunes, but, Let It Be and Hey Jude are among my favorites to play.

I also spent quite a bit of time making a style for the song Yesterday, that manages to capture the string quartet accompaniment pretty accurately, or so I'm told.

Yesterday is the most covered pop song of all time, over 3,000 versions recorded according to The Guinness Book Of World Records.

More interesting facts on it here: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=82

Man, they really had one incredible effect on the music scene.

I was waiting to see their first appearance on Ed Sullivan, and was surprised when they didn't come on stage wearing bug costumes, with antennas and stuff...hey, I had a vivid imagination.

Ian

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 06:49 AM

For all you Beatle fans here is a Mp3 backing track I'd like to share that I partially created and edited that I use sometimes in my arsenal of songs..depending on the venue I also sometimes will play it using acoustic styles & guitar multipads on my S950 also, either way it's a great song!....enjoy!
headphone

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 10:55 AM

Paul & Ringo were great on the Anniversary show...Ringo killed it with Yellow Submarine.....& when paul talked about John you could feel the sadness in his voice soooooooo sad.......
what a great night of music!! Beatles FOREVER!
clap bow clap
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: KORG80
After talking with Tony Mads I started looking and found a Digitech desktop model which does Midi and can sit right on the keyboard. With this I'm starting to wonder if I can get away with Korg PA 600 instead of the 900. (I have equal respect for both Yamaha and Korg.) This choice would save me another $800 in price differential between the two Korgs.
Hope Don M weighs in on this because if I should keep saving for the 900 I will do that. Even though my original plan was to go PSR S 750 and Korg PA 600 with external harmonizer. I love the convenience of onboard harmony and got a taste of it with a rented PA 800. Just not sure I can live with TC when I have so much respect for Digitech.
God Bless,
Don

Don ... As you know, I love your rendition ... which Digitech did you get?
I am still 'experimenting' with the Pa900 on board VH, and still using the Digitech on gigs ...

I would not go back to the 600 because there are features - such as the dual mp3 players - on the 900 that I really like ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Paul & Ringo were great on the Anniversary show...Ringo killed it with Yellow Submarine.....& when paul talked about John you could feel the sadness in his voice soooooooo sad.......
what a great night of music!! Beatles FOREVER!
clap bow clap

Donny ... yes, I thought Paul had a 'lump in his throat' when he talked about John ...
I just get a kick out of Ringo ... when someone - I think Paul - said that lives were changed that night, Ringo pointed to himself and said 'yeah, MINE!!!' ... grin

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nigel
The classic rock band I play in plays a 6 minute medley of Beatles songs Help -> Twist And Shout -> Drive My Car -> Get Back -> Day Tripper -> Back In The USSR Key wise it works pretty well.

Nigel when I was a young 18 year old pseudo Beatle I managed to record Day Tripper the very first time it was played on local Toronto radio. Took my recorder to rehearsal and we learned that song and performed it that night. The fans went wild and we were told we were on our way to stardom.

One explanation for why I've only started to write songs in my senior years is because anything I tried to write always sounded very poor in comparison to Lennon/McCartney stuff.

Used to love singing Drive My Car and Long Tall Sally McCarney style. We could bring them in off the streets in the Old Yorkville Village days with those kind of numbers. GREAT MEMORIES!

God Bless,
Don
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 12:56 PM

Kenny Rankin, one of my very favorites, has a "scary" great version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

The Beetles chose him to perform Penny Lane on national shows honoring their work.

Fabulous music made better using a different slant.

GOTTA LOVE IT!

Russ

Re: BEATLES Anniversary 50 yrs ago... - 02/11/14 06:33 PM

Quote:
Don ... As you know, I love your rendition ... which Digitech did you get?
I am still 'experimenting' with the Pa900 on board VH, and still using the Digitech on gigs ...

I would not go back to the 600 because there are features - such as the dual mp3 players - on the 900 that I really like ...

I'm experimenting with this Tony......
http://www.lamusic.ca/Digitech-VL3D-Desktop-Harmony-Processor-p/vl3d.htm

Seems to be working. It better because my 30 day trial will run out soon. Just realized I need to try it with Nowhere Man. That will tell the tale.

God Bless,
Don