I'm in the coldest place in America

Posted by: brickboo

I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 06:23 AM

For the last few days and the next week too, I'm in the Coldest place in America, and maybe on Earth. Fruita Co -8, New orleans 73, Shreveport 36. Leadville, Gunnison, and Minneapolis are a mere -1 this morning.
Lets see ya beat this. Hell Alaska and Siberia ain't this cold this morning. Our high predicted in Grand Junction is 15. I'll check later Fruita may make 12. They're crying in Texas cause it may get below freezing. The world is full of sissies.

Oh, we had 6-8 inches of snow day before yesterday too. Dig this, I'm playing sax this morning in front of the local cafe until the saliva freezes up the reed which will take 3 to 5 minutes tops. Ha ha!
Posted by: DonM

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:03 AM

You can always move back South, Boo!
We went from 80 degrees Wednesday to 32 today. Freezing rain right now. I'd much rather deal with nice fluffy snow! You can't build an Iceman.
Tell them to move you indoors if they want a blow job from you.
smile

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:15 AM

Don, the snow melts a little each day even at 17 for the high when the sun is shining. So, we have a 15 high for today and ice. I have to watch my puppy because I just found out that their paws can get frostbite pretty quick.

Boy if you weren't so big and mean looking, I'd slap the snot out of ya for referring to my sax playing as a "BLOW JOB!"

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:17 AM

Boo, I am merely defining your sax playing as an extremely pleasurable experience. Best I remember. About your sax playing.
Posted by: 124

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:21 AM

Sorry, Boo, not the coldest on earth. Here in balmy Alberta we're at -27C as I type. That's -16.5 in your language. Stay warm, dude.

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:29 AM

I think the coldest I ever experienced was in Calgary years ago. A winter storm came through and temp was way below zero and the wind was howling. Airport shut down for several days and I was more or less stuck in the hotel.
Fortunately I had fallen in love for a few days while there and made good use of the down-time. smile

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:44 AM

Yep, it's been bad again there this week.
Posted by: big741.1

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 08:52 AM

-22F with a -40F windchill here this morning. Stupid winter!

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:03 AM

LOL! Yeah, but it's a badge of honour for us Canuckleheads, eh?
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:05 AM

Watch out for little kids in the extreme cold. I was raised in Fairbanks, and have residual damage to my lungs from bad frostbite. There was little moisture and no wind, so it didn't appear to be that cold to a happy little kid playing in the snow.

I had been a serious sax student, until the damage was done, and I have a lot of problems with breathing as a result.

R.

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:08 AM

So THAT's why your different, you are from a foreign country. smile
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:11 AM

When I was in the service I went to Fort Knox, Kentucky for armor training ... thought it was good that I was going south for the winter ... snow drifts up to the second floor of the barracks, freezing cold inside a 4 inch thick steel walled tank ... we pulled guard duty one night and it was 15 degrees below 0 ... thing was you didn't quite feel it because it was so dry, but that led to a lot of frostbite ...
I have gotten to really dislike Winter ...
Posted by: big741.1

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 124
LOL! Yeah, but it's a badge of honour for us Canuckleheads, eh?

Indeed! Might as well try and make some good of it. It also allows a lot of time for practice/music.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 09:33 AM

Now you guys know why this old man sailed south last fall and spent the winter in Marathon Key, Florida.

Can't wait till 2015 so I can do it again - (fingers crossed) I hope.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 10:06 AM

Gary I suppose that you still haven't figured out a way to sail over to Colorado and pick me up for the trip eh? Why don't you buy a small jetplane to pick me up. I like flying too, ya know!!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/06/13 10:26 AM

It's 81 warm degrees here in Florida with a balmy breeze blowing.
Sun shining and makes me feel sooooo good ! Lloyd
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 01:53 AM

"Cold Outside" A live recording on cassette tape made by an original band I played with 30 years ago. Ken the keyboard player was using Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno 6 and a Casiotone keyboard. The Juno had no patch memories so patches had to be setup manually live between songs.

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 09:01 AM

Some VERY interesting pics in that video, Nigel ... thanks for sharing ...

It's official - I REALLY dislike Winter ...

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 09:06 AM

Going back to current nippyness, Lethbridge in Southern Alberta dipped to -50C last night. Only -43 without the breeze.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 10:20 AM

Going back to current nippyness, Lethbridge in Southern Alberta dipped to -50C last night. Only -43 without the breeze.

I am glad I don't live there...

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 11:00 PM

smile Aw, it's not so bad, Andrea. It leapt up to -28 tonight. smile
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/07/13 11:59 PM

smile Aw, it's not so bad, Andrea. It leapt up to -28 tonight. smile

Thanks, that makes me feel much better...
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/08/13 12:53 AM

Do like you always do, take your coat off and turn the furnace up a notch, sod the planet
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: I'm in the coldest place in America - 12/08/13 08:53 PM

We had a few "flurries" in Philly tonight - didn't stop 70,000 people from watching the EAGLES beat the Lions ... or me, from driving into the city to see "Elf" the musical at the Walnut Street Theater - America's MOST SUBSCRIBED TO theater. It was a great day, here in the northeast! Bring on the winter!