Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5

Posted by: Scottyee

Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 08:38 AM

Renowned Polish Keyboardist,
Gregory Jablonski - (translated to english)
demonstrates Tyros 5 at a Music Store in Poland.

Though not presented in english or ideally recorded,
it showcases Tyros 5 in the hands of a respected professional "keyboard musician".

Tyros 5 Power Of Realism - (translated to english)

Posted by: Bachus

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 11:08 AM

First i tought this doesnt sound like yamaha at all, so rough and live

And then i started to realise they play on top of audio files, atleast that is what it looks like..
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 11:31 AM

Bachus, I think what you are hearing is something they recorded using the onboard recorder, then playing back while they played and sang along with it. Pretty damned awesome stuff.

Gary cool

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, I think what you are hearing is something they recorded using the onboard recorder, then playing back while they played and sang along with it. Pretty damned awesome stuff.

Gary cool

I dont know if or what or how they recorded it... But in many parts its very obvious they are not using styles or even midi files...

Not that its bad playing on top of an audio track, i dont see a difference between an audio and a midi file, it was some awesome playing... But it leaves me. With the question, how much of this demo was out of the box Tyros5
Posted by: Barty

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 02:24 PM

There is an another version of this presentation with better quality sound and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WGkOxQzmg

You can clearly see that most of the presentation is conventional playing with built-in styles.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 02:28 PM

Barty. THANKS. clap
What a HUGE night & day improvement. cool

Posted by: Barty

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/03/13 02:33 PM

No worries. Let me know whether you have any questions. I am fluent in Polish so if there is something you want to know from this video, be glad to translate.

I know this musician well - he is the main keyboardist for a Polish Jazz Funk group called Poluzjanci. He comes from a top Music academy in Poland so I know he does not have to "cheat" during the demo - he has the chops to play all of this stuff.

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/04/13 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Barty
There is an another version of this presentation with better quality sound and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WGkOxQzmg

You can clearly see that most of the presentation is conventional playing with built-in styles.

I am convinced, the top down keyboard view of your video gives truely insight in the players capabillities..

He truely shows the quallity of the T5 , not only does it sound nifty and lean in the hands of a good demonstrator. But this man brings out a mean and gritty live sound.

It confirms that the T5 truely is the allrounder thats great in all aspects of music... This comes so close to why i love certain aspects of Korg instruments.
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Gregory Jablonski Demonstrates Tyros 5 - 12/04/13 02:00 PM

These are great demos . Shows the versatility of the tyros and it's relevance to contemporary music .