Anyone bored yet?

Posted by: cgiles

Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 11:54 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick and tired of folks endlessly posting all these T5 demnos. Always the same handful posting and the sane other handful going "thanks for posting" or something similar. Clearly only the same handful even give a rat's butt about this machine and particularly these demos (which, in my mind, all sound the same anyway....once you've heard one arranger demo, you've heard them all, and that includes at least the previous 2-3 iterations of that model).

But here is my question. For those that are truly interested in hearing all 10,000 demos of the new T5, WHY CAN'T THEY JUST 'GOOGLE' THE DARN THINGS THEMSELVES. Am I missing something here?

chas
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 11:59 AM

chas ... because this IS an arranger forum ... while I personally am not really interested in the T5, and this is SUPPOSED to be a GENERAL arranger forum, we all KNOW that the latest and 'greatest' will get a LOT of attention ...
You always have the option of not opening the thread ...
wink

Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 12:28 PM

The positive side is that smart people will now be able to strike amazing bargains on mint Tyros 4.
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
people will now be able to strike amazing bargains on mint Tyros 4.

That's exactly what I did smile
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
people will now be able to strike amazing bargains on mint Tyros 4.

That's exactly what I did smile

smile
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick and tired of folks endlessly posting all these T5 demnos. Always the same handful posting and the sane other handful going "thanks for posting" or something similar. Clearly only the same handful even give a rat's butt about this machine and particularly these demos (which, in my mind, all sound the same anyway....once you've heard one arranger demo, you've heard them all, and that includes at least the previous 2-3 iterations of that model).

But here is my question. For those that are truly interested in hearing all 10,000 demos of the new T5, WHY CAN'T THEY JUST 'GOOGLE' THE DARN THINGS THEMSELVES. Am I missing something here?

chas

Chas your even angry on Thanksgiving? surprised
there's no rule that you have to click on them and watch the demos...but there are many who love to look at them.
Like a radio just pass that channel and click on another, simple eh?.. wink
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 01:13 PM

Chas, I really enjoy watching demos of people playing arranger keyboards- all arranger keyboards. The demos allow me to see some of the best players in the world demonstrating their skills. Additionally, I usually pick up some performance tips that will assist me in making my act a bit more polished. I would be pretty bored at this site if all I had was a couple of unnamed individuals posting their bitches and gripes about arrangers each day. In fact, without things like demos and individuals posting their works, I think I would have walked away from the Synthzone years ago.

Happy Thanksgiving Chas,

Gary cool
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 01:14 PM

“There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.”~ G.K. Chesterton

Posted by: rattley

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 03:47 PM

Just the fact that this post exists reflects the horse sh** atmosphere that exists here all to often................

DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE!! .......and I won't rain on yours.

-charley
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 03:54 PM

All the Tyros owners sat by when the Pa3x and the Audya were introduced and endured the same thing without crying over spilled milk. Why is the T5 introduction any different?

We all know how famously you despise the Yamaha arranger...just let us have our fun while it's new.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/28/13 04:03 PM

Sign in barroom where I regrettably wasted too many days during my early 20s to 32 years of age:

Cows may come and go but the bull at this place goes on forever. frown

Plus 1 to rattley and kbrkr comments.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/29/13 11:51 AM

Yeah right... the Yamaha people were all silent through the rollouts of the PA3x, BK-9, PA900, etc..

What universe do you live in?
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/29/13 03:55 PM

RE: the subject, "anyone bored yet?" The answer is YES, I'm bored with anything to do with the Yamaha Tyros 5 arranger.

But, it's appropriate for members to post T-5 videos here, if they wish.

I'm just not impressed or even interested.

And I have THE RIGHT TO not watch them!

Just hope I can wake up when something interesting (to me) is up!

Russ

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/29/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Diki
Yeah right... the Yamaha people were all silent through the rollouts of the PA3x, BK-9, PA900, etc..

I defy you to find a negative irrational post from me on any of the keyboards you mentioned?
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/29/13 05:18 PM

chas

Yes you are missing that this IS an arranger keyboard forum. And no-one has the time to wade through 10,000 demos or millions of Google links. People would prefer to be directed to demos that may interest them.

And it puzzles me that if you are bored with anything to do with the T5 why you would bother reading a thread about it let alone click on the demos. Is that just to goad you into posting an unecessary negative thread like this?

I have to question your motivation. Did you seriously think this post would achieve something positive? I think not.

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/29/13 06:18 PM

smile

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Originally Posted By: Diki

I defy you to find a negative irrational post from me on any of the keyboards you mentioned?

I defy you to find one from me either...

I am more tending to see irrational responses to rational posts, from the Yamaha camp. It's a shame no-one wants to talk about the actual issues, and instead, want to call 'foul' on anything less than fawning.

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 01:54 PM

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:16 PM

QED

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:17 PM

It seems to me that the only folks with Yamaha issues are those that don't own them. Those that do don't seem to have any issues. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:18 PM

English please...Latin is a dead language...much like this thread.

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:22 PM

Emoticon-speak, please. Hard to understand when you use long words, Ian...

Actually, PLENTY of comments from Yamaha users themselves about things like the audio styles, no loop audio etc..

Only they don't count, I guess, when you want to make a specious point.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:25 PM

Bored??
Nah... I'm not a Yammie fan (as most of you probably already know), but here is something that sure show something has happened to Tyros.
It sounds better and more live than ever in my ears. smile

Also a tread Scott Y posted show that organs are good stuff. rocker

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:32 PM

Sad that we have to have this senseless bickering. Plain to see why there are wars. It's because people don't know enough to
get along with each other. These forums surely bring truth
to the statement. I thought this forum was for people who were enthusiastic but boy, was I wrong. Lloyd

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:47 PM

Yeah Diki, I'm still looking for the post where I said I "despised Yamaha Arrangers", but I've only gone back about 8 years so far; I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I think it's pretty clear what (or rather WHO) is despised around here. I've seen tons of disparaging things posted here about Yamaha Arrangers (none by me, BTW) and NONE ever got the kind of venomous responses as I did to my post which, btw, said nothing bad about Yamaha arrangers, but merely posed the question, 'are some of you maybe a little tired of seeing the forum flooded with one demo after another (which, for the most part, only displayed the playing skill, or lack thereof, of the demonstrator).

Glad Nigel's post brought such joy and glee to Gary, who incidentally, can spend gobs of bandwidth talking about his boat (this IS an arranger forum, right?) with nothing but attaboys, (even from ME). Does kind of make you wonder if it's really the post.........or the poster.

chas

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 02:53 PM

Yeah Diki, I'm still looking for the post where I said I "despised Yamaha Arrangers", but I've only gone back about 8 years so far; I'm sure it's in there somewhere. I think it's pretty clear what (or rather WHO) is despised around here. I've seen tons of disparaging things posted here about Yamaha Arrangers (none by me, BTW) and NONE ever got the kind of venomous responses as I did to my post which, btw, said nothing bad about Yamaha arrangers, but merely posed the question, 'are some of you maybe a little tired of seeing the forum flooded with one demo after another (which, for the most part, only displayed the playing skill, or lack thereof, of the demonstrator).

Glad Nigel's post brought such joy and glee to Gary, who incidentally, can spend gobs of bandwidth talking about his boat (this IS an arranger forum, right?) with nothing but attaboys, (even from ME). Does kind of make you wonder if it's really the post.........or the poster.

chas

Yea Chas, it's posts and threads like this from you and from Diki that kept me away from this board for a year or more. I've only returned to get information on the Tyros 5, but I forgot how hostile this environment is more than any other board that I frequent.

You go and pick on Gary who I consider arranger royalty; one of the nicest, classiest men to frequent this forum? He can talk about toilet seats for all I care; I'd probably learn something. This forum is about camaraderie and friendship as much as keyboard instruments.

You can have your forum back...I won't be participating here, not because I'm thin skinned, but because I choose to surround myself with positive, creative, nurturing, and classy people who look out for each other and root for each other. Not people with venom in their words.

I'm outta here!!

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
You can have your forum back...

OMG, you're kidding, right? That's the funniest (and most contrived) line I've seen in quite awhile. Hope it gets the desired effect. If "are you bored yet" incenses you enough to leave the forum, then all I can do is wish you a fond farewell.

chas
Posted by: rattley

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 03:22 PM

"It seems to me that the only folks with Yamaha issues are those that don't own them. Those that do don't seem to have any issues."

Right on Gary!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL rotfl
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 03:44 PM

There's a certain anonymity that goes along with these forums that I believe have people saying things to one another that would not happen if they met face to face. I'm a member of a very active photography forum and it's amazing how insulting people get when it comes to the great Nikon vs. Canon camera debate ( I happen to shoot with Canon) smile There's plenty of mud slinging there too about brands and people come and join then leave the forum because of a thread similar to this, it's not limited to SZ by any means. Whats the difference what camera you use or what keyboard you play if it makes you some $$$ or maybe just makes life more enjoyable.

I've made a number of friends here and communicate with them sometimes frequently and sometimes not so frequently. I'm on the same page with Al aka Kbrkr I got tired of the senseless arguments about what amounts to nothing and although I read regularly for the longest time I decided not to post. It's threads like this that push me away. As far as I'm concerned the only person(s) I need to make happy is my wife and/or myself.......... don't care whether anyone else likes what I decide to purchase or not purchase.

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: rattley
"It seems to me that the only folks with Yamaha issues are those that don't own them. Those that do don't seem to have any issues."

Right on Gary!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL rotfl

Could it be that the REASON they DON'T own one is that they DO have issues.

BTW, I have a Tyros2 which I've owned for quite a few years now. Does that count?

chas

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 03:58 PM

Nah! That doesn't count, Chas until you buy a boat and take up lots of bandwidth. wink

That's OK, I'll still take you sailing if you ever get up this way from the sunny south. smile

Gary cool

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 04:20 PM

Well Gary, at least you've got a sense of humor. I value that over nearly everything else. I went out with what I thought was a buddy of mine and we hit some realy rough water. We really though the boat was going to break up and opened up the life jacket locker. There was only one jacket in there. He looks at me and says "where's yours". So before we go, I hope you don't mind if I check the life jacket locker. BTW, I'll bring the T2 along. It'll make a great anchor (NO, that was not a Yamaha dig, just a little Fran-type humor). smile smile

chas

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 04:42 PM

Glad to have you and the T2 onboard. I carried the 3000 all the way to the Florida Keys in the boat's quarter berth, along with all the other accessories, X-stand, amp, Rock & Roller cart, it all survived the salt air and high humidity, and I had a ball playing to the young ladies in the Tiki Bars and Marinas down there. Plus, I made enough to cover the grocery and booze bill while on the trip. I have lots of life jackets, plus an inflatable dinghy with an outboard as a lifeboat. The boat tips the scales at 15,000 pounds, so it can really handle some nasty weather when encountered.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 05:05 PM

Gary, you are a real gentleman...leave it to you to turn this otherwise mostly negative thread into something positive.

I'm really glad we have you here on SZ.

Ian

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 05:15 PM

Just can't resist the urge to keep stirring the pot, can you Ian. But then that's your style, isn't it.

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 05:23 PM

Just can't resist the urge to keep stirring the pot, can you Ian. But then that's your style, isn't it.

No Chas...my comment about Gary was sincere. If recognizing someone's diplomacy on this forum is a style, then, yes, that is my style.

You started this topic.

You did read Nigel's response earlier on, didn't you?

So remember, when you point your finger at me...there are three pointing back.

Ian
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Anyone bored yet? - 11/30/13 06:47 PM

And like Bugs Bunny said ..... Th Th Th Th That's All Folks