OT - Finding stuff on You Tube

Posted by: Anthony Johnson

OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/15/13 12:52 AM

I've been trying for ages, unsuccessfully, to find a way of getting You Tube to show a list of ONLY what I want to view.

When I feed in Tyros5, I don't want a long list which includes Tyros 3 & Tyros 4, together with everything that I have recently watched. This is all too time consuming.

I have tried enclosing in quotes & Brackets but still can't restrict the search to what I want.

If there is anyway to do this, can some kind soul put me out of my misery.

Tried looking for HELP on You Tube itself but can't find any.

Many thanks if you can help.
Tony
Posted by: Beemer

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/15/13 02:14 AM

Tony,

Try using Tyros5 and then the filter for just today posts. Then repeat this using Tyros5, i.e. without the space.

It will eliminate some but not all of the extraneous content.

Ian

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/15/13 07:31 AM

Will try that Ian,
Thanks mate.
Tony
Posted by: KeyBTyros

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/15/13 07:39 AM

My friend do what Ian says only put the filter up on upload
date that gives the first date then you see whats new ending up to 11 november smile
because thats where the uploading started from the demos
btw there are not that manny so you wil see

Type Yamaha Tyros 5

and btw the best demos to give a good impression are those from sud clavier

Greetz Rico wave

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/16/13 12:51 AM

Thanks for your advice guys but I seem to be having some senior moments here as I can't find anything about the filter when on You Tube so how do you put a filter on?

I would have thought there would be an easy way to specify exactly what you want to search for but it seems that the result will always be mixed up with other things which are similar.

I can find all the Tyros5 stuff but it's just that it's mixed up among other irrelevant things and I wondered if there was a way of filtering them out

I think You Tube is one of the most useful sites on the internet but a good search box would be an enormous benefit & time saver.
Tony
Posted by: Beemer

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/16/13 01:49 AM

Tony,

Go to YouTube from www not a link from a forum. In YouTube (not in Google Search) search for Tyros 5. At the top left you should see a button marked Filter.

Ian

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/16/13 01:59 AM

Thanks Ian,
Finally got it - must have been going there from a link that caused the problem.
Appreciate everyone's help.
Best wishes,
Tony
Posted by: Diki

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/16/13 08:11 PM

Some search engines, if you surround your query with quotes, search for ONLY that string. Haven't tried it with Youtube, but it's always something to try to start with...

Re: OT - Finding stuff on You Tube - 11/16/13 11:55 PM

Tried that Diki, but it doesn't work on You Tube