OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ?

Posted by: Dnj

OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ? - 11/12/13 09:22 AM

confused1

You all know it's coming soon, hopefully right after
New Years?....Yamaha is very tight lipped at this point,....
but what are your thoughts, concerns, and wishes for the NEXT YAMAHA S-950 MOTL model replacement...I for one cant wait. wink dance2
Posted by: Diki

Re: OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ? - 11/12/13 12:11 PM

Given that the odds of Yamaha correcting a mistake with a software update is slim to none, I'd say the ability to loop audio on the multipads is a good place to start...

Then all the T5 owners can start to wonder how long they'll have to wait for that correction too in the T6!

You know what... I am not waiting for a replacement for my BK-9 whatsoever. I think I have YEARS of productive use in its future, and quite possibly more capabilities than it has now via updates (it already does a boatload more things than when I bought it).

Kinda telling that an S950 user can't WAIT for the next one...!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ? - 11/12/13 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Diki
Given that the odds of Yamaha correcting a mistake with a software update is slim to none, I'd say the ability to loop audio on the multipads is a good place to start...

Then all the T5 owners can start to wonder how long they'll have to wait for that correction too in the T6!

You know what... I am not waiting for a replacement for my BK-9 whatsoever. I think I have YEARS of productive use in its future, and quite possibly more capabilities than it has now via updates (it already does a boatload more things than when I bought it).

Kinda telling that an S950 user can't WAIT for the next one...!

Actually Diki,....I am very content with the S950 at this time smile ..on stage every day & night it does an outstanding job in a small light weight package day after day in the trenches.
I always wonder what the next model will bring, but as great as these units are less & less need to buy every offering model is happening year after year,....unless something mind boggling is introduced. Like a car maybe they should start Leasing arranger KB's for 1 or 2 years and then trade them back in for the next newest model,..lol.... as for me the
S-950 is a gigging OMB players dream machine right now, clap ... Congrats to all you new Tyros 5 owners I know your excited and you should be it's a fantastic instrument as I can see & hear so far. cool2
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ? - 11/12/13 01:05 PM

If you are happy with what you have Donny, you are doing better than some people, who never seem to be content with anything.

I can't see me getting a Tyros5, as the upgrades are features that I wouldn't use. Maybe a Tyros6 or T7?

Still, I am very happy for those who are buying Tyros5's, and it's pretty exciting getting a new keyboard...I was in the same place not long ago with my own Tyros4.

Here in my area, and on the mainland, the Yamaha PSR-S750 has become the darling of the one man band or duo, where neither play keys, but use the arranger to play SMF.

I've done several private clinics on that model, and it's like the S950...very light, very transportable, and once set up, is a doddle to use....it's one awesome arranger.

Ian
Posted by: Diki

Re: OK so now lets get excited about the NEXT S-950 ? - 11/12/13 01:22 PM

As that chart showed a few posts ago, if you want to know what will be in a new PSR, look back two models in the Tyros line...