iPad

Posted by: zuki

iPad - 11/11/13 10:13 PM

hi all.

what program do you suggest for the ipad as a sheet music reader thx
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 02:54 AM

Jim, I like unReal Book there are others too that other SZ members use, I like this one the best. Simple to load your lead sheets in PDF form. Great search function and ease of making play lists even on the fly.

unReal Book

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 05:49 AM

Thanks Stephen - what is going on with you these days?
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 05:54 AM

Check out forScore, I have been delighted with it.

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: zuki

Jim this week we are about 15 miles south of Orlando on vacation. I'm counting the weeks that I retire from my full time job during last week of December. I have a few jitters about getting out of the full time racket. But I know plenty of retired guys both here at SZ and in Rhody who have given me some good advice. Of course I won't sit on my duff at home, got plenty of things lined up i.e. doing more gigs on the NH circuit a full time job interfered with. Got some other part time irons in the fire as well. A Florida move if even as a snow bird could still be on the radar but the family situation with the elders have that on hold for the time being. OH yea I hope to finally get over to Tony_Mads place ( a 20 minute drive away) to maybe do a little jamming, that wasn't possible working 50 hour weeks.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

OH yea I hope to finally get over to Tony_Mads place ( a 20 minute drive away) to maybe do a little jamming, that wasn't possible working 50 hour weeks.

I'm STILL waiting, Steve ... keys singer keys
bounce

Re: iPad - 11/12/13 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

OH yea I hope to finally get over to Tony_Mads place ( a 20 minute drive away) to maybe do a little jamming, that wasn't possible working 50 hour weeks.

I'm STILL waiting, Steve ... keys singer keys
bounce

Yea I hear you, I was supposed to stop by 2 years ago!! blush

Re: iPad - 11/15/13 09:17 AM

are these free apps or where can I find them? thx for replies....very impressed with the 950

Re: iPad - 11/15/13 11:01 AM

are these free apps or where can I find them? thx for replies....very impressed with the 950

Just check the App Store via the ipad or iTunes Store from your Mac or PC. I think unreal book was $4.99
Posted by: hammer

Re: iPad - 11/15/13 03:19 PM

Zuki,
Unreal Book is a real awesome app for what we do. I have been using it for nearly 2 years. The author continues to upgrade it. Can't beat the price either. Find it on the Apple Store.

Deane

Re: iPad - 11/17/13 06:48 PM

thx guys. got the app and working with in (Unreal).
Posted by: chony

Re: iPad - 11/17/13 06:56 PM

unreal book and forscore are the top apps
Posted by: jimlaing

Re: iPad - 11/18/13 06:04 AM

I have been using 'unrealBook' app (music display app) on my iPad for a couple of years. Works real well. It's easy to set up Set Lists, quick to do searches, and I use the "database" or "metadata" function alot so I can search for songs by year, decade, singer/band name, genre, tempo, etc.

It works with PDF files (as most of them do, probably).

It also has network or 'master/slave' capabilities; for my band, we use 3 iPads running unrealBook, and mine is the master; the others change page/song whenever I change mine. When I play solo, I just use the one iPad with unrealBook.

If anyone else is using unrealBook and needs help, let me know and I'll try to help or answer questions ...

Jim