T5 Cha Cha............

Posted by: Dnj

T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/10/13 10:12 PM

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 10:15 AM

@41 is there a Chord Sequencer pattern going on or?
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 10:24 AM

Nope...he's just playing over an ending, probably Ending III.

Ian
Posted by: mdorantes

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 10:30 AM

Hi Donny, is the Ending 3, if you notice, you can see that Martin press the registration # 6 that has the End # 3, Ian beat me. You have to be very precise also to strike the proper chord to make it seamless.

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Nope...he's just playing over an ending, probably Ending III.

Ian

gotcha....very nice use of the intros/endings as part of the style....you can always go back into the variations also afterwards... not to mention the brass, trumpets and ensemble saxes sounds amazing!! headphone keys clap
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 04:01 PM

I like reprogramming Intro I into a 1 bar stop/fill, useful at points in the music, such as a stop at the turnaround after a verse or chorus.

The easiest way is go to Style Creator Basic, use the RHY Clear to remove just the intro's high hat/stick count-in (usually under G#), then page over to Style Creator Assembly, and swap in the bass and other parts from Ending I into Intro I.

Because it always goes back to the Variation you were playing on, and it doesn't start till the end of the bar, you can sort of anticipate the stop/fill...it's much easier than using a footswitch to stop and restart.

All my own custom styles have it.

I would hazard a guess and say Roland and Korg can do similar functions.

Ian

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I like reprogramming Intro I into a 1 bar stop/fill, useful at points in the music, such as a stop at the turnaround after a verse or chorus.

The easiest way is go to Style Creator Basic, use the RHY Clear to remove just the intro's high hat/stick count-in (usually under G#), then page over to Style Creator Assembly, and swap in the bass and other parts from Ending I into Intro I.

Because it always goes back to the Variation you were playing on, and it doesn't start till the end of the bar, you can sort of anticipate the stop/fill...it's much easier that using a footswitch to stop and restart.

All my own custom styles have it.

I would hazard a guess and say Roland and Korg can do similar functions.

Ian

Great points Ian....and more so using style assembly and creative skills to change the style to the way you need it a feature not many use but definitely should. You can get so much more out of your instrument mixing and matching parts etc,.... clap
Posted by: montunoman

Re: T5 Cha Cha............ - 11/12/13 05:53 PM

That's a really great sounding style. Thanks for posting it Donny!