Posted by: Dnj

NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/15/13 10:42 AM

keys
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/15/13 12:04 PM

... did YOU buy one, Donny ? ... rotfl
Posted by: Diki

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/15/13 01:19 PM

I don't see the point. When are you ALWAYS going to sustain both keyboards at the same time? Two piano style pedals close together, you can sustain one, or the other, or BOTH (my current system).

They make plenty of sustain pedals with switches so you can use them in either system, but I can't say I've ever needed this...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/15/13 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... did YOU buy one, Donny ? ... rotfl

not me,,.. I dont use a pedal on stage sorry.. wink
but when I do for recording harmonies in the studio I use a BOSS FS6 pedal..

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=686
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/15/13 02:11 PM

It's just a pedal with two types of switches inside, one for a momentary connection and the other for a latching connection. Nothing special - kinda like a universal cellular telephone charger with multiple connections at the end of the cable.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/16/13 12:08 AM

I think they are BOTH momentaries, Gary. But both polarities.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/16/13 07:35 AM

If you have a sound module along with your board, you could use it to activate different options in either without using 2 pedals. Maybe vocal harmonies on one and an additional lead instrument on the other. With specific midi channel setups, they wouldn't have to happen together.

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/16/13 10:57 AM

Most master keyboards, and a fair number of arrangers, can easily set up whether they transmit sustain pedal commands between keyboards. So you get the best of both worlds... sustain pedal when you want it on the secondary keyboard, and not when you don't...

This 'solution' offers no ability to alter it quickly. You are going to get sustain on BOTH whether you want it or not.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: NewDUAL Sustain Pedal............ - 06/16/13 03:52 PM

My objection is sustained.