Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3

Posted by: MattyB

Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 09:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOf8a0XUKhY
Posted by: salsaman

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 09:16 AM

I really enjoyed your version of "Paint It Black". Thanks for posting it. I think your arrangement is terrific. Perfect tempo....
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 11:19 AM

Very good feel and a nice punchy sound that I like. Keep up the good work!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 01:10 PM

Paul, you have mail.

Gary
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 03:17 PM

Hi Matty,
thoroughly enjoyed your version. Interesting choice of style.

Do you you actually have the pedal board for changing variations, fills etc?

Amazed how you keep track, with the button pressing PLUS turning the pages.

I recently started putting my sheet music onto my ipad, plus I bought a special bluetooth pedal to turn the pages because I tended to get lost if I I took my hands off the keyboard.
( old age haahaa)

Well done.

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 07:38 PM

Thanks everyone for watching.... smile

rikkisbears....No I dont have a pedeal board...this song actually was quite hard pressing buttons and keeping an eye on the sheet music haha..

I'm thinking about getting a pedal board...I will check them out..

Thanks again mate
Posted by: Diki

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/14/13 10:11 PM

Maybe it's time to ditch the sheet music? Doesn't hurt to try...

Try playing along with the Stones' version. Not with the full arranger, just the melody. It's under your fingers, you just need the right mood to get up to speed. Nothing like playing with the boys!

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/15/13 03:22 AM

hahah cool thanks Diki..I might give it a try! smile

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/15/13 09:35 AM

Nothing like a great band kicking your **** to get you up to speed!

If you can't QUITE pull it off at full speed, try one of the many programs that will slow down audio without changing pitch (I like Amazing Slowdowner) and pull the tempo down as little as possible. Then gradually bring it back to full speed...

The way you finger things at speed is quite different to your hand motion when doing things slowly. Honestly, it's better to struggle with full speed (or close to it) than spend too much time learning something at a WAY lower speed. Just a bit to get the notes right, then try as fast as you can, as soon as you can..!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/15/13 12:09 PM

Interesting, Diki ... when I was studying accordion it was always "learn it slow, with no mistakes, then pick up the speed" ...
In his Middle School band this year, our grandson had to learn a song slowly, and then the band had to play it as fast as they could - with no mistakes - in a competition against the other groups in the 7th grade ... his group won ...

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/15/13 01:20 PM

Depends on your definition of 'slow'!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Paint it Black - Latin rock style...Pax3 - 06/15/13 03:58 PM

Hi Matty,
I've just got the EC5, gives you the 5 pedals and you can assign what function you want to each of the pedals.
I've had mine for nearly 20 years and it's still working.
Bought it initially for my Korg i2. Ever so glad I didn't sell it along with the keyboard. Sat in the garage for over 10 years and got ressurected when I bought the PA800 4/5 years ago.

There probably are other options now, but it's listed amongst the optional extra's , so designed to work with it.

The pedal certainly makes it easier. Just check thru all the functions that can be assigned.

[quote=MattyB]Thanks everyone for watching.... smile

rikkisbears....No I dont have a pedeal board...this song actually was quite hard pressing buttons and keeping an eye on the sheet music haha..