KORG Arranger Survey

Posted by: ptram

KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 08:32 AM

Dear Arranger Users,

We are pleased to inform you that we are conducting an online survey on arrangers, to let you help us shape our future products. If you like to give us your opinion, please answer to a few questions at the following address:

http://www.korgpa.com/survey-intro.html

Thank you for your kind help!

Best regards,
The Korg Italy Team
Posted by: DonM

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 09:00 AM

I did it. Pay attention. smile
Thanks,
DonM
Posted by: Diki

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 09:38 AM

I was disappointed in how few relevant questions it asked. It seemed to want to know more about US than it did about what we WANT...

I took it, but posted a lot more relevant questions at the Korg Forum.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
I did it. Pay attention. smile
Thanks,
DonM

Ditto
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 12:25 PM

The last page was the most interesting.
I asked for a product that combines the Kronos sounds with the Audya live styles, but streaming from an SSD, like the Kronos does.
Korg has the technology and the resources to make that happen.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 01:37 PM

Nothing complicate about the survey - they just seem to be looking at what the market will be in the next couple years by doing a bit of marketing research.

Gary cool
Posted by: zuki

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/29/13 01:38 PM

Threw in my 2 cents. Anyone know when the 900 is available?
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/30/13 03:43 PM

Hi,
filled in my bit.

Probably a happy coincidence, but I remember filling out a survey approx. 3 years ago, and at least a couple of items on my wish list did come true on the PA3X.
Two that do spring to mind were the 4 fills instead of 2, which did make a lot sense, and probably something a lot of users hoped for.
The other a bit more obscure was , Yammies XG Drum Mapping for some of the Drumkits. Me it helped immensely for my Yammie to Korg style conversions. Saved me having to remap the drums manually and saving a heap of time.

So definately figure it's worthwhile putting one's 2 cents worth in.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/30/13 07:31 PM

I did the survey. The more the better.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 05/31/13 12:00 PM

DONE !
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 06/02/13 07:49 PM

Okay, I took the survey. Yamaha has also been known to ask for user input although not through a survey as far as I know. Korg isn't going to learn very much from those questions but at least we know they peruse Synthzone occasionally so that's encouraging. Maybe someone should start a topic like: "what features and functions would you like to see in the new Korg PA4X/PRO" or something similar.

People basically know what they want in an arranger. I personally would like a good quality and great action keybed. Stellar sounds in each and every category. Styles with 32 bar intro's/endings and styles that don't sound robotic. Also a quality harmonizer that doesn't sound robotic. Quality construction and cutting edge parts - including the processor(s). A micro editable Sequencer along with micro editable sounds. A real Sampler. SSD storage with streaming capability. Hardware expandability and additional sounds that can be downloaded. A reasonably large, high quality, high resolution color LCD (or LED) with Lyric scroll and most likely a *touchscreen* if it's a Korg. USB 3.0 plus balanced XLR inputs/outputs. MIDI in/out/thru. Auxiliary inputs/outputs. Video out. Physical draw-bars. 50W full range speakers with bass port functionality. The ability to play WAV/MP3/AIFF/WMA/AAC with a voice cancel feature that actually works as advertised. Portability under 30 lbs. plus a 76 key version. Panel buttons and menu options that are easily readable in low light situations. The PSR-s950/s750 are prime examples of how NOT to make an arranger if you want to see things in low light. Which is practically impossible on the Yammie's unless you add an external light source. See Don Mason if you have additional questions. wink

Oh yeah. A full three year warranty plus regular system updates that will enhance the keyboard beyond merely cosmetics. I could go on and on but hopefully Korg and others will take it upon themselves to listen and then heed user input. But ultimately we are at the mercy of the manufacturers. They ultimately decide what's best for their own bottom line(s) and if we are fortunate they throw us a bone or two or three to liven things up. Excitement ebbs and flows accordingly. The hype is where the rubber meets the road. When a keyboard lives up to the hype and when companies stand behind their product(s) it usually means a hot ticket item that garners not only customer loyalty but also achieves greater market-share for those particular companies. A win/win situation.

All the best, Mike
Posted by: The Saint

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 06/02/13 08:04 PM

Why can't I get past Q9? I keep putting in 100% but no luck??????

Ray dance
Posted by: leezone

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 06/03/13 02:22 PM

i filled it out but only got to page 6, 46%,
then it said Thank You For Taking Survey...

it did not let me post additional comments

i hope the Korg Arrangers work better than this survey lol
now back to my Audya wink
Posted by: Diki

Re: KORG Arranger Survey - 06/05/13 10:11 AM

More fills... Probably one of the things that screams 'arranger!' more than anything else. You'll rarely hear a drummer play the exact same fill twice, unless part of the original song. But four fills for a four Variation arranger rarely allows you to NOT repeat at least one of them a bunch of times.

You need 16 fills for every possible combination of source and destination Variations (including Fill-to-Same), which only illustrates how few four are. Yes, they are MUCH better than the mere two Korg had before the PA3x, but Yamaha and Roland already are running six, and hopefully up that number soon.