SynthZone Member WINS!!

Posted by: shueymusic

SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 09:55 AM

I entered the local idol singing contest this past weekend... and WON! Besides the title, I got a van load of prizes... 60" TV... Blue ray Player... Laptop and printer... 5 Pc. Luggage Set... Samsung Galaxy Note II... Apple Shuffle... Koss Headphones... Phillips LCD Picture Frame... and the list goes on!! My wife won the contest in 2011... 2 Idols in one house!!!

"This Is The Moment" from Jekyll & Hyde

I did record the arrangement/background track on my Yamaha Motif XF. On this forum, I'm more excited to hear what you think of the track than my singing.

Here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gAGCuL5_4
Posted by: DonM

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 10:19 AM

Super! Both track and vocal!
Congratulations.
DonM
Posted by: hammer

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 11:13 AM

Hey Shuey,
way to go!!! That looks like it was a lot of fun.

Deane
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 11:17 AM

Congratulations!

Gary cool
Posted by: sparky589

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 01:20 PM

Well Done!

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 02:22 PM

Thanks... it was a lot of fun!! I knew I could sing, but now I can take "winning a singing competition" off my bucket list!! I also gained the respect from a few musicians in the area who didn't know I could do that!

One more track coming soon... You Raise Me Up with Amazing Grace text and Danny Boy's melody. Again, I arranged it for the competition to create impact and uniqueness.

Uploading to YouTube now.
Posted by: Songman55

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 02:35 PM

Jonathon, that was awesome! The track was wonderful and you sang superbly. That's a tough song to sing. I am asked to sing it every once in a while at awards ceremonies and officer installations. In fact I have one coming up on June 5th. Again, contrats!!!

Joe clap clap clap
Posted by: 124

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 03:12 PM

Yay! Tres nice. When I saw the thread title my first thought was you'd won the Powerball thing. LOL!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 03:54 PM

Ever since I saw Michael Cucciloi perform this in the Broadway Jekyl & Hyde I was mesmerized...you my friend certainly did it justice as well clap clap clap ...
Congrat to you on your winning Idol!!

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/20/13 07:50 PM

Here's the arrangement that got me into the finals. You Raise Me Up with Amazing Grace text and Danny Boy melody for one of the verses. Again, the track was produced on the Yamaha Motif XF. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAeegOOaVHA&feature=youtu.be&a
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 12:22 AM

Great job shuey ! Loved the singing and the arrangements
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 02:03 AM

You did a great job, congrats!

Allan
taz
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 02:28 PM

Great job Jonathan! So cool that your wife won a few years ago. That's some great booty - but even better, what a fantastic feather in your cap!
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 04:25 PM

Congrats! Wonderful job!
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 05:12 PM

Johnathan you really selected difficult songs to sing – but you did them exceptionally well.

John C.

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 09:30 PM

Thank you for the wonderful support!!

~shueymusic
Posted by: Nigel

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/21/13 10:41 PM

Fantastic job. Congratulations party rocker
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/24/13 08:46 AM

Very well done Johnathan! American Idol seems like the appropriate next step if you don't mind me saying so. If American Idol try-outs come to your area you might want to consider auditioning for them.

PS: It would have been nice if you or your wife had won an iPad along with your other prizes. It would have come in very handy if you decide to purchase the new BK-9. wink I say that with all due respect. Again, great song and a great performance Johnathan.

All the best, Mike
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/31/13 12:34 PM

Jonathan ... I've been 'on the road' for a while and haven't been able to respond ... great job and CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Well deserved !!! ... party

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 05/31/13 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Jonathan ... I've been 'on the road' for a while and haven't been able to respond ... great job and CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Well deserved !!! ... party

Thanks, Tony!!!
Posted by: montunoman

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 06/01/13 06:53 AM

Congratulations! You got some serious vocal chops!

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 06/03/13 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Congratulations! You got some serious vocal chops!

Thanks! I sing every week at church as a contemporary worship leader. 52 church gigs per year plus the 10-14 gigs as a music duo with my wife, "The Shueys." Keeps my voice in decent shape!!
Posted by: Stein67

Re: SynthZone Member WINS!! - 06/04/13 05:11 AM

Congratulations!! I'll have a listen to your songs when I get home from work.