My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody

Posted by: blackberry821510

My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/07/13 10:18 AM

http://youtu.be/_2qCwbZNofA
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/07/13 10:36 AM

This simple little tune is so pretty, and IMHO relies totally on the vocalist to make it right, and she nailed it ... very well done ... clap
As for the Audya, it sounded nice, but I have to say at 2:10 when the variation changes there is a sound that I guess is supposed to be an electric guitar strum that I find distracting more than anything else ...
Otherwise it is well done and I appreciate your posting it ...
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/07/13 11:17 AM

What Tony said! But, I didn't notice the guitar strum at all. Guess my hearing is too shot to Hell. wink

Gary cool
Posted by: 124

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/07/13 11:17 AM

Without doubt probably the best vocal I've heard on this, and many another forum. Nice lightness and ease in the voice with only a brief break into falsetto near the end. That's no bad thing, I was just wondering/hoping if he'd go right through the whole song without falsetto - rarely hear that on this song.

The Ketron does the job no more nor less competently than any other comparable board, as it should in a backing role.

Very nice job all around.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/07/13 12:12 PM

Blackberry,

congratulations to you and your group (including the Audya wink ) for this beautiful song; my only suggestion would be to use earlier the backing voices, because when they start to sing (around 3:30) the song improves considerably. Before I felt that the vocalist was too alone and her voice perhaps too dry. Maybe a bit more of reverb would have helped?

P. S.: I think that what Tony heard was the change from acoustic to electric guitar from one variation to another; so, it's the style that's programmed that way.

Ciao
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/08/13 04:22 AM

Thanks again for sharing this with the SZ community - its a lovely quality recording and you can rightly be very proud.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/08/13 04:13 PM

Great vocal and of course the Audya sounds really good too. I often play this tune for my senior shows and it always goes over well. I wish I could sing as good as you do smile
Posted by: DonM

Re: My Ketron Audya in the studio - Unchained Melody - 04/10/13 11:40 PM

Beautiful! . . . And the Audya was good too!
DonM