Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv

Posted by: Dnj

Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/09/13 08:09 AM

Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/09/13 11:08 AM

Comes in a plastic bag, not a box, pity... at least someone played it..or sort of, is this what Italian austerity is all about, go much smaller.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/09/13 11:43 AM

smile
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/09/13 12:01 PM

What does that mean Gary, you are buying one??? rolleyes
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/11/13 06:02 AM

What's with the improvising with the left hand and comping chords with the right. At the least this is what's called unorthodox,right? Or, is there another term. My vocabulary isn't very large.

I have never seen anything like this before, other than adding to or continuing a lick etc., but have never seen anyone playing this way eternally.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/11/13 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: brickboo
What's with the improvising with the left hand and comping chords with the right.

Well, we have guitar and bass players (McCartney)that play the guitar 'left handed' ...... also, maybe it's a mirror image ... grin
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/11/13 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: brickboo
What's with the improvising with the left hand and comping chords with the right.

Well, we have guitar and bass players (McCartney)that play the guitar 'left handed' ...... also, maybe it's a mirror image ... grin

Dont forget Jimmy Hendrix.. wink
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/11/13 08:35 AM

Not on your life, Tony - just another humorous thread, IMO. smile

Gary cool
Posted by: Diki

Re: Korg nanoKEY - Jazz Improv - 01/14/13 08:30 AM

Zawinul used to map his synths so that the scale was reversed (High notes on the left, low at the right). It's a good way to use familiar muscle memory and finger patterns to get wildly different and unusual results, but to my knowledge, no-one ever used it and then learned to play backwards to achieve what they normally could the right way round (not to say that it couldn't be done if sufficiently twisted!).

But I simply feel this is accidentally inverted by shooting into a mirror.