Just Another Fun Day In Paradise...

Posted by: travlin'easy

Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 01:17 PM

The weather's been fantastic down here in Paradise (Marathon Key, Florida), only playing a few jobs, but that's OK when you have so many other things to enjoy. Here's some photos from the past weeks at Marathon, including my newfound friend, a huge manatee that propably tips the scales at more than 800 pounds.

When you're out on a mooring ball, the inflatible is the best mode of transportation to and from other boats and the marina.

Watching the sunset with a green coconut margaretta is something magical that takes place every evening.

Here's a snapshot of my new friend. He shows up nearly every afternoon looking for a handout.

Sunset in Marathon's Boot Key Harbor.

Now you know what paradise looks like, smile

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 03:47 PM

Gary ... after seeing that pic of you with the green coconut margarita (???), I'm not sure you will be able to come back to REALITY ...
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 05:11 PM

I hope you are having the time of your life Gary. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 06:00 PM

Thanks guys,

The past four days have been somewhat difficult. My loving wife of 50 years has been in the hospital in Baltimore, had a cardiac cathederization, and the stent that was put in place 5 years ago, a stent that was chemically treated so it would never block up from scar tissue, was completely blocked. Unfortunately, the cardiologist that did the cath procedure could not get wire through the blockage, so it remains. Fortunately, she has sufficient collateral circulation that the heart musscle was not damaged, but she still has symptoms.

This morning, after just one night at home, she went back to the emergency room, having PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) evern three to four heart beats - not a good sign. Turns out that the physicians at the other hospital failed to provide her with prescriptions to prevent this from happening again - what idiots!

She's back home, taking some new meds and feeling a lot better. Maybe tonight, I can get a full night's sleep without worry. Hopefully, she will as well.

The posted photos are just a few of the many I've taken, and sometime tomorrow I'll post a link to the others.

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 08:01 PM

Gary so sorry to hear about Carol... she will remain in our thoughts and prayers for a full and rapid recovery ...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 09:37 PM

Gary sorry to hear this....are going to fly back home to be with her?.....I hope Carol has a speedy recovery.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/19/12 10:16 PM

Give her all our love and prayers...
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 07:39 AM

So sorry to hear about Carol. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Joe
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 08:06 AM

Gary,

My prayers are with Carol and you. Wish her a speedy recovery.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 08:07 AM

Got my fingers crossed for you and your lady, Gary!

R.

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 10:41 AM

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I just got off the phone with Carol, she's feeling weak, but better, and making plans to join me in early to mid February.

Thanks agan,

Gary cool
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 10:57 AM

Hi Gary...glad to hear Carol is doing better.

Ian
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 04:57 PM

Glad to hear it Gary. Please give her our love.
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Just Another Fun Day In Paradise... - 12/20/12 05:48 PM

Gary my best wishes from Penny and I we love you bro.