Tyros 4 Discontinued ?

Posted by: pratzert

Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 11:19 AM

I have been thinking about selling my KN7000 and getting a Tyros 4. But the Yamaha website show it as being "Discontinued".

Is that true ? If so, what has Yamaha come out with as a replacement ?

Thanks for any insight.

Tim
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 12:25 PM

Tim,

Show us the link please.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 01:00 PM

If this is true I'm not surprised...it's the old iphone scenario buy a i4S phone today...in a year they come out with the i5,....iPad,..... now they announce the mini iPad soon.......Tyros is no different it's time has come... and now gone. get ready to sell yours or maybe pick one out after the new TOTL Yamaha S90ish tyros or whatever it will be called model comes to market. Welcome to the High Tech World! cool2
Posted by: hammer

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 01:31 PM

Here is Yamaha's website.
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros4/

I could find no indication of the T4 being discontinued.

Deane

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 01:33 PM

Donny,

If you had posted this thread I would think it was true, when you go trawling you usually find the goodies, I know you have been a bit in the background for a while, Ian would have know as well.

Tony

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: hammer
Here is Yamaha's website.
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros4/

I could find no indication of the T4 being discontinued.

Deane

There you go, not a hope in hell it's being discontinued.

Tim show us the link!!!!!

You are not confusing the Tyros 4 with the Wesri Wing are you???
Posted by: abacus

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 02:38 PM

Hi Tim

T4 is one of the top arrangers out there in both what it does and sales wise, so it’s highly unlikely that it is being discontinued.

Are you sure you are not confusing it with the T3, as a number of Yamaha sites have them both shown, but only the T3 has discontinued shown beneath it.

Tony

Give it a rest, or get the meds changed.

Hope this helps

Bill
Posted by: hammer

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 02:42 PM

Oh heck Tony - you keep things interesting.
Deane
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 03:00 PM

As far as I know it is still alive, in the line-up, and still selling very strongly.

Sold one this week past to another studio...that makes three Tyros4 gone to pro studios in the last few months.

Can this be a trend...arrangers being more recognized as legit studio tools?

Ian

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/12/12 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Tim

Tony

Give it a rest, or get the meds changed.

Hope this helps

Bill

Bill,

I don't find the medication thing funny anymore even if you do, have a little respect for your elders and I am being serious now, find some other punch line, I am sure your well versed to do so.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/13/12 01:09 AM

Sorry Tony, but I am with Bill here. This relentless poking the beehive with a stick might have been funny when you started it long, long ago. But it is pretty much a one note samba these days. No manufacturer is spared, as long as you think you can get a rise. Is your life REALLY that lonely that this is all you can think of to do?

Isn't there a gardening forum where you can have TONS of fun telling everyone they are planting the wrong flowers, using the wrong spade... or just spreading fertilizer as liberally as you do here?

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/13/12 01:23 AM

Am I surprised, not a bit Diki, two guys from the same neck of the woods, birds of a feather!! rotf2 Northampton and Birmigham UK. Bills a big lad he doesn't need your support, he just needs to stop implying I am on drugs and I will take my foot off his neck, he never puts a funny, so he must mean it.

Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/13/12 09:43 AM

More mulch.
Posted by: pratzert

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/15/12 12:24 PM

Sorry Guys. It seems I "may" have hooked up to the Yamaha site whihc referred to the Tyros "3". But it had me in a panic.

Here's the link for what I saw:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros/?mode=model

What caught my eye the most were the words "Tyros" and "Discontinued".

I sent an email to Yamaha about it, and they replied back that the Tyros 4 was a "current" model.

My Bad......
Posted by: leezone

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/15/12 12:47 PM

Tony

we respect you in the Ketron forum smile

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/15/12 08:42 PM

Leezone,

Not been into the SZ Ketron Forum for ages, whats new, a new Audya with USB 2 dance2

Hope you are OK not heard from you for a while

Tony
Posted by: leezone

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/16/12 12:00 PM

Tony's

the new Audya's do not have USB 2, they have Thunderbolt

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/16/12 12:10 PM

You wish, in your dreams... rotf2
Posted by: Henni

Re: Tyros 4 Discontinued ? - 10/16/12 09:36 PM

Now Tony,

Why would you need a faster USB on an Audya? EVERYTHING happens directly from the Hard Drive. Heck, I hardly use my USB port for anything at all.

When I need to transfer date to & from the hard drive, these files are so big in any case that I'd rather use my PC and the proper cable. Done that many times.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni