One more PA3x modification pt3

Posted by: Uncle Dave

One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 09:56 AM

Here's the last 2 pics ...
KB goes into the iRig mixer, as well as my wireless mic and the iPad. All three get sent to the Bose, and I have hands on control without ever turning my head away from the audience.
I think this just MAY be the best setup, I've ever had.

The PA-AS gives me loud, clear, in my face monitoring - the Bose gives me excellent, room-filling, non abrasive sound reinforcement, and the ipad is the best jukebox in town.

For really small jobs, I leave the Bose in the trunk, and the sound bar is all the amplification I need. The new mic boom mod I made keeps a teeny footprint, and all the wires and mixer fit into a laptop bag
that sits in the top "V" of the X stand, out of sight, under the Korg. I use a stretchy kb cover in front of the stand ... attaches to all 4 points on the X stand - keeps a neat look, and hides the wires.

For the unusual case when I need a larger setup - All I need to do is bring my 2 powered QSC K8s and daisy chain them from the Bose! Nothing changes except the room coverage!

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 09:57 AM

Yup - this is a purdy setup! Now, I can enjoy the rest of my summer, and just PLAY the rig, instead of making all the modifications to it! YAY!!!!!!
Summer fun - here I come!
Posted by: 124

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 03:17 PM

Very cool rig, UD. They say 'where there's a will, there's a way'.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 04:25 PM

Nice tip cup!
$$$$$$$$$$%%%
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 06:53 PM

Here are my alternatives...real digital mixer...250g tablet...on a real G70 smile

or... all in one MediaStation.. grin

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 07:00 PM

2 more close ups ..

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 09:16 PM

Ugh ... Just looking at that stuff makes my back hurt!
smile
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/09/12 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Here are my alternatives...real digital mixer...250g tablet...on a real G70 smile

or... all in one MediaStation.. grin

Love that MS is Frans not using it, never seen a demo. I can't afford to own a Audya , Korg PA3X, or Tyros4...So....I own a Roland G70, BK-5, and a Lionstracs MediaStation X76.... he's already shelled out £7000 for what hes got now... drums dancers
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/10/12 06:05 AM

Nice setup for both of you guys, bring music to the masses! smile

Allan
Posted by: MattyB

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/10/12 08:05 AM

Wow thats cool!! Nice job smile
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/10/12 08:47 AM

Both fine looking set ups.

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 11:11 AM

Here's a shot of the "frozen" image on the back wall, while the animated pattern hits the dance floor - pretty cool option. This small investment has proven to be the BEST babysitter that the room ever had! The kids love to chase and try to stamp out the lights as they dance on the floor. Very cool to watch!

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 11:13 AM

Just to clarify - the only things that are mine on that stage are the Bose, and the Kb rig - the rest belongs to the band that works there on my off nights. This is the smallest footprint I can imagine and still have so much to offer the audience. I sometimes bring my guitar also, but this night I did not.

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Here's a shot of the "frozen" image on the back wall, while the animated pattern hits the dance floor - pretty cool option. This small investment has proven to be the BEST babysitter that the room ever had! The kids love to chase and try to stamp out the lights as they dance on the floor. Very cool to watch!

Same stage and also "very cool to watch" wink
Posted by: 124

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 10:05 PM

Oh yeah! I like Fran's rig better. More 'rounded', if you will. dancers
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 10:41 PM

Can't say Fran's got as much as smile on his face as they have on theirs, perhaps it's the prostate, rotf2 UD still like Fran's set much better than yours, even if it was only a fraction of the cost and not half as flashy. darthvader Hey Fran has your Doris seen this photo, your right hand is a little too close for comfort. blush

Just sussed it Fran, your breathing in for the photo...LOL rotf2
Posted by: MattyB

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/13/12 11:55 PM

Looks great Dave..
Posted by: Dnj

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/16/12 10:14 AM

Looks to me like a heart attack waiting to happen! dance2

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: One more PA3x modification pt3 - 07/17/12 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Looks to me like a heart attack waiting to happen! dance2

What a way to go !!! bow