Amazing The Fab Faux......

Posted by: Dnj

Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 08:33 AM

FAB FAUX

So many great memories listening to this....fantastic!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
FAB FAUX

So many great memories listening to this....fantastic!

Ditto
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 10:14 AM

what an awesome job!
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 10:53 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing smile
Posted by: Machetero

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 11:28 AM

Wow, Wow, wow !!!!!

Thanks DNJ !!!

That performance was great !!!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 12:14 PM

That's Will Lee on the Rick bass. He's been on the Letterman Show, maybe since it started. Major NY session player and Beatles freak.

He has a state of the art home studio in a high rise in the city.

GOOD STUFF!

Russ

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 01:27 PM

I knew will lee looked familiar...looks a little like
Graham Russell also.......love the Rick bass. these cats can play !!

Just think they are doin a cover.... The Beatles wrote and performed this music and you can see how intricate and amazing it really was....they were musical geniuses. bow
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 02:13 PM

Thanks Donny, that was awsome!

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 03:15 PM

Actually, the group has been around for a long time. Will started it to see if 5 guys could play all the parts of complex Beatles compositions; even ones the Beatles never could record because of complexity, live.

They're pretty big in some circles.

Russ
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Actually, the group has been around for a long time. Will started it to see if 5 guys could play all the parts of complex Beatles compositions; even ones the Beatles never could record because of complexity, live.

They're pretty big in some circles.

Russ

Were they cheating by using the horn section? smile

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 03:43 PM

Didn't listen that close. Just been sort of following them for several years and know how they got started. Bee a fan of Will's for a long time.

R.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/19/12 04:46 PM

I Really enjoyed that.
Looking forward to repeated viewing and even more depth appreciation.
- Scott cool

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/20/12 07:04 AM

I am so happy that in my lifetime I have had the pleasure of experiencing the music genius of the Beatles since I was 12 yrs old and saw them on the Ed Sullivan show for their first US show till now.....they have been a major influence and Imo will never be replicated ...my generation is blessed.
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/20/12 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
I am so happy that in my lifetime I have had the pleasure of experiencing the music genius of the Beatles since I was 12 yrs old and saw them on the Ed Sullivan show for their first US show till now.....they have been a major influence and Imo will never be replicated ...my generation is blessed.

Couldn't have said it better, Donny. Abbey Road is my fave album of all time. The gig they did has been like a dream gig of mine for years. At my last concert, I did kind of a test run for this concept, played several Beatles songs. Some day, I will do it in a big way, for me. A Beatles set with a top notch band.

This video is so awesome! Does it not show how amazing the Beatles were? YEP. I can't express how much I love Abbey Road!

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/20/12 10:25 AM

Bill I agree 110%
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/20/12 01:58 PM

Fantastic!! The amount of work that went into that is amazing, even considering they are all top shelf players. About ten years ago I started liquidating my album collection and gave all my original Beatle albums to my nephew who digs all the classic stuff from that era. A few years ago he had the Beatles crossing Abby Road tatooed on his forearm. I don't care what you think of tats but this one is too cool.
For Christmas we got him a Stereo/Turntable with album to CD converter so he now has my Lee Michaels, Jeff Beck, and Vanilla Fudge albums to do for me.

Thanks for sharing
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Amazing The Fab Faux...... - 06/20/12 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Fantastic!! The amount of work that went into that is amazing, even considering they are all top shelf players. About ten years ago I started liquidating my album collection and gave all my original Beatle albums to my nephew who digs all the classic stuff from that era. A few years ago he had the Beatles crossing Abby Road tatooed on his forearm. I don't care what you think of tats but this one is too cool.
For Christmas we got him a Stereo/Turntable with album to CD converter so he now has my Lee Michaels, Jeff Beck, and Vanilla Fudge albums to do for me.

Thanks for sharing

Yep, they didn't just show up and play that unrehearsed. I'd be curious to know just how much rehearsal was involved. Of course, I'm sure some of them may have played their parts of certain songs for years. But it's not like Abbey Road is something bands normally play. What a great video and performance!