10th Anniversary, Where it All Began

Posted by: abacus

10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 04:39 AM

With the latest 10th anniversary edition of the Tyros Range to be launched at the MusikMesse, I have found this demo of the original Tyros on my computer, and have uploaded it to 4shared so that you can see how it has changed over the last 10 years.

Download here

It’s also interesting that the original was not a best seller (The Technics KN7000 outsold it 2 -1) however the T4 has become one of (If not the) bestselling TOTL Arrangers made to date.

Enjoy

Bill
Posted by: Dnj

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 06:16 AM

Black Tyros
Posted by: Bachus

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Black Tyros

Again there are 15 keys missing.... they really should have made it a 76 key pro version.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 08:46 AM

They just changed the plastic's color in the mold machine... and the put the 10th Anniversary logo. No 76 keys! It's a truly repackaged Tyros 4. I hope they would include a 1GB FlashROM card with a bunch of extra sounds.

Price?!? Still $5299 MAP???
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 10:11 AM

Thanks for the demo download, Bill.

Ian
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 04:39 PM

it still sounds fabulous
Posted by: Bachus

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
it still sounds fabulous

Thats because they actually still use most of the technollogy from 10 years ago in todays arrangers...

Outside of the SA voices, not much has changed, its still fully sample based and still many of the samples and effects are the same to warrant backward compatibillity
Posted by: Robbo

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/15/12 10:21 PM

I Love my T4, but was hoping for a bit more than that!
Posted by: KeyBTyros

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 01:55 AM

Johnathan
In other post you can see whats comming

i also spook to someone about this
every 2 years they come up with something
thats always been the case
so there could be a possibility that they wil come with a t5
if not it could also be that there wil never be a tyros annymore
but just a new type of aranger with a new name and maby finaly with 76 keys
but i guess we wil soon know

have a nice weekend @ll
Rico wave

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 02:45 AM

it is the same sound technology and for the korg which is why i dont upgrade for at least 8-10 years because that when there is (for me ) any real changes sonically to the sounds of the instrument. I stll have not been tempted to upgrade my PA1X yet. But i might pick up a cheap tyro or Tyros 2 soon.
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 07:07 AM

I bought my PSR9000 24th January,2002 so I have enjoyed playing it for over 10 years!
To me , it was a "wow" of a board after a couple of earlier Yamahas.
I still have my 9000 and only now am I stirring to get a Tyros 2......
I suppose the reason I have stayed so long with my 9000 is because I am not an accomplished
artist like so many of the members of this forum.
I amaze myself , and my family sometimes, with the great songs I can produce and gain the admiration of them.

And that is why I have continued to improve my playing and song writing for so long on just one now outdated board!

As spalding1968 has remarked, the changes did not come until we heard the Tyros range (I of course mean only the range of Yamahas)

And so I will probably be owning a T2 in the near future..... But I don't guarantee it !!!

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 07:38 AM

have a listen to thread i started wit a clip of a normal user like you and me making great music with the Tyros 2. You might be tempted to acquire one sooner than you thought !!
Posted by: 124

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 10:11 AM

I'm in with the 'longevity' crowd, too. I had my Korg i30 for nine years (still got it - packrat mentality), then I finally splashed the cash for a steal of a deal on a used Pa1XPro about three years ago. I'm very tempted to jump for a Pa3X but, you know what, the 1X is still doin' the business for me. So . . .
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: 10th Anniversary, Where it All Began - 03/16/12 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
have a listen to thread i started wit a clip of a normal user like you and me making great music with the Tyros 2. You might be tempted to acquire one sooner than you thought !!

Thanks for the links, they were amazing.
But I know you are kidding when you say "like you and me"!!

It would take me many hours of arranging a song like this guy probably does in a much shorter time than most of us. Even our mutual friends on this forum who play purely for a living would never get to this standard!

That is why I will take a little longer before giving up my 9000, which I now know very well.