Now this is how you Sequence a song

Posted by: Dnj

Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 08:11 AM

Amazing to watch the whole creation process to come up with a fantastic composition the WAY you want it to sound...great stuff!
Motif XF sounds incredible.. keys clap

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 08:49 AM

Creating a backing track to play on top & sing your way vs "repetitive styles" is simply awesome.. for the fact that YOU can compose all the music tracks specifically the way you want it to sound and you don't have to be a slave to a style...this is all bringing back my KORG M1 days when all my songs were sequenced.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 09:05 AM

Man, that's a lot of work! crazy

I'm very lazy! smile

I guess that's why I like using styles, and just "playing" and/or "live" recording, rather than spending my time with sequencing.

It's also why I prefer an arranger over a workstation.

To each his own.

Ian
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 09:07 AM

Amazing Dave, and its in dutch..
Posted by: Steve A

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Creating a backing track to play on top & sing your way vs "repetitive styles" is simply awesome.. for the fact that YOU can compose all the music tracks specifically the way you want it to sound and you don't have to be a slave to a style...this is all bringing back my KORG M1 days when all my songs were sequenced.

Yeah,

Plus you can loop, cut, paste....Edit

I'm pretty sure you can sample drum loops off of CDs too.

A whole lotta flexibility.....
Posted by: Machetero

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 09:51 AM

You got that wrong DNJ.

You are suppose to do it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_b8PtCeag&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Machetero
You got that wrong DNJ.

You are suppose to do it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_b8PtCeag&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

lol yea that's a bit crude but It works to a degree..I can see the iPAD being the DISPLAY on future arranger kbs like Tyros etc in future offerings...just plug it into the KB face as your screen.. cool2
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 11:03 AM

i dont know if you post this stuff up for fun or what DNJ. have you tried to sequence a song from scratch on your yamaha 910 ? Its exactly the same process. It does not have to be either or. You already have both functuntions right there under your finger tips. Whats more there was nothing done in both clips that you could not do immediately without any additional samples in your psr.

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 11:10 AM

Maybe so but the features and quality of sound don't even come close
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 12:15 PM

Donny:

Who was that masked man... and was he speaking Portugese... LOL!
I don't care how he did it but the end result was absolutely superb. I'm assuming the young fellow is from Brazil? His music is impressive and the Motif sure worked well for him. To my ears, I don't believe he originated the tune (can't remember it's name... Senior Citizen, ya know) but what an interpretation.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave Rice

Re: Now this is how you Sequence a song - 02/03/12 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Riceroni9
Donny:

Who was that masked man... and was he speaking Portugese... LOL!
I don't care how he did it but the end result was absolutely superb. I'm assuming the young fellow is from Brazil? His music is impressive and the Motif sure worked well for him. To my ears, I don't believe he originated the tune (can't remember it's name... Senior Citizen, ya know) but what an interpretation.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave Rice

hi Dave I think hes from the Netherlands, yes a superb player...would love to see a demo of anyone sequencing like this on any arranger KB also...

take care