NYE Begins today...

Posted by: travlin'easy

NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 09:41 AM

For me, NYE begins today. One of the assisted living facilities where I regularly perform booked the date a year ago for their NYE party. They close all the curtains in the Activity Room, dim the lights, then set the clocks ahead to 11 p.m., thereby setting the needed atmosphere. All the residents dress for the occasion, wear funny looking hats, and have noise makers. At the stroke of midnight (on the reset clock) a balloon is dropped, I play Auld Lang Syne, followed by Moonlight Serenade, those that can dance do so, and I end the performance with Show Me The Way To Go Home.

Tomorrow, I have another daytime NYE party from 2 till 4 p.m. at a retirement community, followed by my regular 9 p.m. till 1 a.m. party at another retirement community.

Next NYE, if my health doesn't go to Hell in a hand-basket, I'll be celebrating NYE somewhere in the Florida Keys or the Bahamas, probably performing at a Tiki Bar and wearing shorts, flip-flops and a Hawaiian shirt. OH YEAH!

Happy New Year everyone,

Gary cool
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 10:55 AM

Happy new year, you party animal!
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 12:07 PM

Gary, next NYE...let me know if you need a "sideman"...I can bring my accordion...

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Gary, next NYE...let me know if you need a "sideman"...I can bring my accordion...

You're on, Fran. See you at Marathon Key, Florida.

Gary cool
Posted by: bruno123

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 03:13 PM

Gary what is" Marathon Key, Florida"?

John C.

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/30/11 03:50 PM

John,

Marathon Key is a tiny island about 40 miles east of Key West, Florida. It's where the older folks from up north spend winter, and they love to party. Key West is for the younger set, 21 to 45 years of age. They tend to get a bit rowdy, drink too much, fight, and do dumb stuff. They like ear-bleed volumes and head-banging rock. The folks at Marathon like Jimmy Buffett, lots of older country, and they love to dance.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 12:51 AM

I'll bet Gary would also want your new show partner to tag along!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 03:42 AM

Happy New Year to All !
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 07:35 AM

Welcome Back Donny...and Happy New Year to you.
Eddie

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: eddiefromrotherham

I'll bet Gary would also want your new show partner to tag along!

She's definitely part of the deal. If not, Fran can stay in the frozen wilds of Philadelphia. wink

Gary
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 03:20 PM

Hey guys i will supply the fishing boat and we can make it a trio .

Re: NYE Begins today... - 12/31/11 03:27 PM

I'm installing rod holders on the back rails of the boat during the winter, but you're welcome aboard anytime.

What I don't want to be doing next winter is this:

Gary cool