Sold My Bose Tonight

Posted by: hammer

Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/27/11 05:40 PM

Sold my Bose L1 Classic to a church musician this evening.
Glad to have it in the hands of a really nice guy who will make
good use of it.

Deane
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 04:22 AM

Hi Deane

I have mine set up in my studio but find myself using my Bose Compact 100% of the time.

What are you using ?
Bernie
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 05:23 AM

I'm a member of that club too, find myself using the Bose Compact 100% of the time.

My Bose Model 1 is just sitting don't want to sell it, since I bought it at a very right price.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 05:29 AM

Traded in my L1 classic for another Compact a couple weeks ago. Only used a pair of compacts on one large job and it was more than sufficient for a 500-plus crowd.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 05:57 AM

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past, but do you COMPACT users feel you have enough bottom-end through the sub-woofer on your gigs? The sub looks a little underpowered.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 07:39 AM

Bernie,
I have two Bose L1 Compacts- usually use only one of them on gigs though.

Yes, the Compacts have more than enough bottom end.

Deane
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 09:18 AM

DITTO! Sometimes there's too much bottom end and I have to adjust the keyboard's EQs a bit to compensate for this. Now, if you're playing head-banging rock at ear bleed volumes, the Compact is probably not for you.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/28/11 11:35 AM

I'll also agree there's plenty of low end. I to have to roll off the lows quite often.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Sold My Bose Tonight - 12/29/11 02:50 AM

I think the only venue needing more bass is maybe a rock band whose customers are used to feeling 18" subs driving sound waves through them.