Posted by: lahawk

Before & After - 08/05/11 08:40 PM

Before, at Home Practice

After, On Stage with Enhanced Sound System

Good Sound System Equipment Does Mean Something
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Before & After - 08/05/11 11:22 PM

Larry,

I thought when I saw the title of the thread you were going to show us one of your paint jobs, hells.

Larry its simple he's had singing lessons!!! And he's had his hair cut, pants not ripped.

Tony
Posted by: DonM

Re: Before & After - 08/06/11 08:40 AM

I thought the live performance was fantastic. Obviously the recording method was different too. I'm glad no one records ME when I'm rehearsing. Oh wait, I don't rehearse.
DonM
Posted by: 124

Re: Before & After - 08/06/11 09:56 AM

Loved 'em both, Larry. For me, the 'rehearsal' just shaded the show. Maybe he was just a tad more relaxed. I'm always a fan of new approaches to old songs - especially when done as tastefully as this. Good stuff, the guy has a nice voice.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Before & After - 08/06/11 03:50 PM

There's a significant difference in the recording and sound systems, as well as the instruments used in the second performance. The performance was pretty good, but the guy really needs to improve his diction. His phrasing is a bit on the lazy side and some of the wording seems to be somewhat slurred. I've always considered diction as a critical component of any vocal performance. Obviously, many of the top entertainers do as well--they take diction lessons from one of the best in Nashville.

Cheers,

Gary cool