OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter

Posted by: hammer

OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 09:51 AM

Nigel,
If this belongs in the bar feel free to move it.

I have not posted on this forum about my grand daughter, Piper, who passed away on Jan. 16, 2011. She was not quite 2 years old and died from a fatal disorder that had no known cure called Leighs Syndrome.

The link below is to my Son-in-Laws website where he has posted
two videos in memory of his daughter. The first video is rather long but worth a look. The second video is of the memorial for Piper.

http://gdyounglove.net/html/home/family/triplets/20110320-Triplets_GDYVideo/20110320-video.htm

Deane
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 12:23 PM

Deane,
I'm so sorry - I can't imagine what your family is going through, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 12:30 PM

Hi Deanne, I was especially touched & moved during the balloon release. Thank you for sharing.

a side note: the Laws governing the mass release of balloons differ from State to State and local region.
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 12:52 PM

Hammer,

Too much for anyone to bear, words will never be enough, my condolences to you and your family, your friends in the UK must be also devastated for you all.

Tony
Posted by: Nedim

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 02:10 PM

I aam sorry Deane, my condolences to anyone affected by this great loss.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 02:25 PM

My deepest condolences, Deane...a tragic loss at any age, but losing one so young, is a very hard thing to accept.

Ian
Posted by: 124

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 03:11 PM

That's very sad to hear. Thank you for posting those videos, very deeply touching. The loss of a young child is one of the most devastating losses there is. My own family went through this some years ago. I wish all your family peace and strength through all this.
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 03:23 PM

Deane,
How hard this must have been for you. I can't imagine losing one of my grandchildren. The tribute was very moving my condolences to you and your family.

Tom
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 06:22 PM

Deane....
My heart goes out to you, your wife and children and their spouses over this loss.
Eddie
Posted by: lahawk

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 06:49 PM

Deane,
My condolences to you and your family. I can't imagine the pain of losing a granddaughter. She is now an Angel watching over you.
Posted by: TedS

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/15/11 08:07 PM

So sorry to learn about this, please accept my condolences and prayers for you and your family. -Ted
Posted by: Nigel

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/16/11 02:00 AM

Deane,
My very deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/16/11 04:46 AM

Hammer,
There are no words to I can say at this time, your loss can only be felt by another who has lived the nightmare. I pray that you gather strength so that you can support those in your family. Please stay focused on the help they need.

Most of the people I know who have lived through a terrible tragedy have a renewed view on the life and world they live in; their values change. Most are for the better. I pray that this would be you.

Hammer, sincerely, I feel some of your pain.

John C.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/16/11 07:46 AM

My little girl means the world to me. I can't imagine life with out her. I'm tearing up at the the thought. I so sorry to hear about this!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/16/11 10:54 AM

How sad!

My best to all involved.

R.
Posted by: Telmo

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/16/11 11:43 AM

Deane,
My deepest condolences to you and your family. She is now with our almighty God.
Telmo.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/17/11 05:20 PM

Hi Deane,
how very , very sad.
Deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Posted by: cassp

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/19/11 01:52 PM

My deepest condolences to your and your family. May her soul rest in the arms of God.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OT: A Tribute to my deceased grand daughter - 05/19/11 02:08 PM

Deane,
I couldn't begin to know - nor would I want to - the pain of losing a grandchild ... you have our deepest sympathies ...