Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 10:02 AM

http://www.wimp.com/oldschool/
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 10:07 AM

That was awesome.

Ian
Posted by: DonM

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 10:11 AM

Glad to see Chas finally posting a video of himself! Even if it was a few years ago.
smile
DonM

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Glad to see Chas finally posting a video of himself! Even if it was a few years ago.
smile
DonM

Looking at his current Avatar, he aged rather...er...well? wink

Ian
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 10:27 AM

Man, did you guys catch the size of 'little' Little Richard's hands?
Fran, thanks for sharing that great historic clip of the first real "King" of Rock n' Roll ! cool

1956:

2007:
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Fran, thanks for sharing that great historic clip.....

Uh yeah, how I long to return to those wonderful days of yesteryear......

Anyhow, just happened to catch a video of Fran doing one of his solo gigs on accordion. Gotta give it to him; those years of practice really paid off.

smile

chas
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Fran, thanks for sharing that great historic clip.....

Uh yeah, how I long to return to those wonderful days of yesteryear......

Anyhow, just happened to catch a video of Fran doing one of his solo gigs on accordion. Gotta give it to him; those years of practice really paid off.

smile

chas

Now where did I put my teeth and hair piece grin

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 02:02 PM

Glad to see you cleaned up your act a little bit since then, Fran. wink

You still have the accordion, do you?

Ian

PS...I sent you a PM on 26/04/11....did you get it? confused

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 02:41 PM

That's what I like about Fran, he has a sense of humor. Too bad some of it doesn't rub off on some his 'colleagues'. Hey Fran, maybe that wasn't you, has anybody seen Benny (Cintioli) lately? smile smile

chas
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: cgiles
That's what I like about Fran, he has a sense of humor. Too bad some of it doesn't rub off on some his 'colleagues'. Hey Fran, maybe that wasn't you, has anybody seen Benny (Cintioli) lately? smile smile

chas

"Benny"?!?!? ... I thought it was Joe Cocker ... laugh

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/28/11 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... I thought it was Joe Cocker ... laugh

Yeah, Joe's no Tom Cruise when it comes to looks but when it comes to singing the blues, he's the genuine article. The problem is, most people don't really understand what they're listening to. These are the same people that think Janis Joplin is just screaming or that James Brown is just an 'ethnic' entertainer or that Miles and Coltrane were just playing a bunch of random notes that made no musical sense. To hear 'soul', you really first have to be in touch with your own emotions. I've already arranged to have Joe Cocker's 'I Can Stand a Little Rain' played at my funeral (along with several other of my favorites). I always thought it was sad that the masses didn't get the handful of real artists but were willing to buy into the Mick Jaggers and Madonna's of this world. Oh well, their loss.

Sorry Tony. Didn't mean to put a damper on your joke. It's just that when I saw the name, it got me thinking (and typing).

chas
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Little "Little Richard" - 04/29/11 09:14 AM

Even the Beatles used little Richard's "Wooooooooo" on
"She Loves You" and others..

The Beatles (particularly Paul) were strongly influenced by Little Richard in their early recordings. Paul would often imitate Richard’s trademark “Woooo!” in a high voice, as in She Loves You, and several other songs.

Little Richard is often considered one of the architects of Rock ‘n’ Roll, along with Chuck Berry, Elvis, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, and others.

They both influenced each other...