ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs?

Posted by: Dnj

ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/26/11 06:34 PM

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Komodo-Sport-Mens.htm
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/26/11 07:00 PM

Wow! What'll they think of next?

Ian
Posted by: truberto

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/26/11 09:01 PM

I love mine - wear them everywhere much to my wife's chagrin smile
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 06:35 AM

Donny,

Up here in the frigid north we wear insulated boots to gigs year round. That does make it a little hard to kick bass though. smile

Tom

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
Donny,

Up here in the frigid north we wear insulated boots to gigs year round. That does make it a little hard to kick bass though. smile

Tom

Tom..another reason I don't use pedals wink

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 03:52 PM

Donny,

Your wife says you have two right feet, is that also one of the reasons? smile

Tom

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
Donny,

Your wife says you have two right feet, is that also one of the reasons? smile

Tom

Hahahah Tom...I just don't need them when I'm performing with this setup just more wires and clutter....of course I have used pedals in the past on my Organs & Pianos, and many times when I record songs too in the studio for certain parts, Vocal Harmony triggers etc.....I prefer to do most of what I need with my fingers which is comfortable for me. In fact I was dancing the Hustle with my beautiful wife last week at one of my Ballroom Dance clubs...so I don't think I have two Rt feet at all cool ...learned how to dance long ago playing NYC Clubs & Discos.

take care

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 06:10 PM

Donny,

Pat and I took ballroom dancing lessons and had a ball. The problem was that I played every weekend and Pat had to stay home with our kids who were little at the time. The saying is true, if you don't use it you lose it. We lost it. When playing with an arranger of course I let the arranger play the bass. It does a much better job than I could. With my band I play all the bass on my pk-5s. If you saw that Alan McPike video, my left foot is about equal to his. I actually like kicking bass even though it is something else to haul and setup. In fact when not using music if my foot goes to the right pedals my hands will be correct also. You take care also my friend.

Tom

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/27/11 06:22 PM

ok Tom....next time your down the Jersey Shore like last time I'll be sure to save you a front row table & invite you & your lovely wife out on the dance floor for some Terpsichore OK?.. wink

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 05:53 AM

Donny, we will sign up for dance lessons again just for the occasion. You need to get to the Lake Michigan shore sometime. As Tom Bodet says "we'll keep the light on for you".

Tom

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: truberto
I love mine - wear them everywhere much to my wife's chagrin smile

They are so weird they are cool!

I have to have a look around for them.

Ian

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 07:54 AM

Ian I bet they are Super comfortable also.

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 07:59 AM

The weirdness factor is what I think will sell them.

What about matching gloves and a scarf? crazy

Ian
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 10:26 PM

I thought this was some kind of wind up but obviously not, what happens if you buy a pair and you can't just get you toes in there, notice only available in the USA, you must all have perfect size toes. Me thinks not!

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 10:33 PM

The only thing perfect about my toes, Tony, is the number...five per foot. wink

Another thing to think about...you'll hopefully have socks with the same design.

Ian
Posted by: doc-z

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/28/11 11:46 PM

Uh... aren't those toes and not fingers?

DocZ
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: ot/ Anyone wearing five finger shoes on gigs? - 04/29/11 05:35 AM

Here's some useless info for musicians, but a little history " How this all got started" ? There's a new school of thought in the running community that barefoot running could be better than running with specially made running shoes, lots of controversy around it. But that's where the idea for the 5 finger running shoe started. Barefoot running even goes further back to the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico. They are an interesting culture, they've been known to run a 100 miles in 24 hours, I've also read an article in Arizona Highway magazine many years ago where 6 Tarahumara men carried a full sized acoustic upright piano for miles to transport it from one place to another computerTarahumara People
............and we think the G70 is heavy.