NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011

Posted by: Machetero

NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 07:08 AM

Enjoy:

http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=co...ang=ita#news201
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 07:21 AM

Drums are fantastic...trumpet, sax are very average. Piano is excellent...so is Electric Piano.

A very good presentation...I enjoyed the SMF of that great old tune, Nightbirds that he played over at the conclusion of his demo.

Thanks for the link, Machetero.

Ian
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 11:04 AM

Georgio's demo (3rd from top on LEFT) gives you an idea of how KEYTUNES and other featres unique to Ketron bring out the best in the AUDYA!

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Georgio's demo (3rd from top on LEFT) gives you an idea of how KEYTUNES and other featres unique to Ketron bring out the best in the AUDYA!

AJ, what is "KEYTUNES"?

Is it an on-board audio player of sorts, that can play MP3, Wav and be tuned or transposed? Or is it much more than that?

It's hard to get much info on the site.

Ian

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 11:38 AM

ianmcnll

KEYTUNES - Allows you to assign Wave files to keys which you can instantly recall as you play (Live). These can be set to play only if you hold the associated key down (HOLD=OFF) or when you press and release the key, the music continues (HOLD=ON).

In OS4.2, we've also included the capability for you to program what CHORDS ... yes, chords can be used to turn on/off a wave file - very useful for Midi Guitar or Accordion players ..... whose hands are already as busy as is.

A great feature to adding back-ground tracks/vocals which need to be 'inserted' in your music at different locations - and can vary from performance to performance!

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 11:44 AM

Great feature, AJ...thanks for the explanation.

Also, the Ketron drums still rule as far as "live" sounding kits...very nicely done.

Ian
Posted by: leezone

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 12:43 PM

AJ,

but with keytunes, if you hit the start key a bit late or early, it does not sync at all right?
and then the audio on ketunes is not in time with your style playing i assume?
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 03:19 PM

very nice ketron Demo very nice indeed. thats how it can be done and should be done live , no touching up in a studio.
Posted by: FransN

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 06:27 PM

Yes I agree Spalding. All those Yamaha demos are touching up in the studio. Or did you mean another brand? whistle

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/08/11 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: FransN
All those Yamaha demos are touching up in the studio. Or did you mean another brand? whistle

You're such a naughty little fellow, Frans, or looking at your avatar, should I call you "Zorro..the man with the little pointy thing"?

I think Martin Harris, Peter Baartmanns, Telmo, and many others who are posting excellent "live" Yamaha demos would feel a bit disappointed in your attitude.

I know I am.

Korg should hire you to do a few "live" demos on the PA3Xpro...would you say "yes" if they asked?

Ian
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/09/11 01:10 AM

Frans you are too funny :-)
Posted by: Burkels

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/09/11 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ

Really. The movie is in MONO, the balance between upper and accomp is way off, the first triggering of the "Venus" sample was completely misplaced, wrong tempo, wrong timing. Well so much for "the best in AUDYA" I suppose.

Apart from all that... Come on now, the only thing I see this Georgio do in this video is ridicule real music making on a keyboard, confirming prejudice about "keyboardists pressing a few buttons and everything plays by itself". Elephant samples... Nice Casio-impression at 4'30 though.
Posted by: TedS

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/09/11 09:18 AM

Thanks for sharing.

Why does there appear to be an SD2 or KlaviPro on top of the Audya? Is this to supplement the on-board polyphony, or to get a better piano sound?

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/09/11 11:50 AM

Sorry ... I should have explained a little better ... the "best"
was refering to features, not Sounds/Styles.

If a demonstrator choose to use Mono versus stereo samples, oh well ... at least he was able to give an idea of what you can do with an Audya with your samples be they mono or stereo - should you purchase/own one.

The whole idea of an Arranger Workstation is just that ... how you Arrange your music (be it with samples [Wav/Mp3], Backing tracks/Styles, SMF, a combination of some/all of these ...etc) is up to you - which ofcourse can be viewed by some who might not have an idea of what you are doing - as 'button pushing'. Then again, it's what makes your music unique, for the same keyboard in the hands of another, won't sound like ... you!

Re: NIce Videos from Ketron at MusikMesse 2011 - 04/09/11 11:52 AM

The Klavi Pro was used to demonstrate this instrument during a separate demo (rather than having to break it down, then set it up repeatedly).

During the AUDYA demos, no sounds from the Klavi Pro were used.