16 Year Old Sinatra!!..............

Posted by: Dnj

16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/22/11 05:32 PM

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/22/11 06:44 PM

So nice to see the younger ones carrying on the traditions. This kid is on the right track!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/22/11 07:29 PM

Wow! If his voice was a little bit smoother it would sound just like Sinatra. Hard to believe he is just 16 years old. With a little training he should have a great future.

Gary cool
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 01:33 AM

Hell Donny,

I'm going in the yard and shooting myself.

What going on ,Telmo, Tostie and now this young man it's
"SZ GOT TALENT", Nigel there is money to be made here, need to change your name to Simon and get your entrepreneurial hat on.
Donny, I am worried about you, instead of practicing KB and giving us one of your renditions your surfing the web, mined you your are finding little nuggets, can't knock you.
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 02:48 AM

Wow, that is amazing! I sure do like his voice. And his playing. I wish I could play like that.

Do you think that is a real piano or a keyboard?

I see one mic, do you think it's mic'ing everything? I wonder what type of mic. It sure sounds good, always curious how people get good sound.
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
Wow, that is amazing! I sure do like his voice. And his playing. I wish I could play like that.

Do you think that is a real piano or a keyboard?

I see one mic, do you think it's mic'ing everything? I wonder what type of mic. It sure sounds good, always curious how people get good sound.

Bill,

If you look close that's a proper proff recording mic, that's not come from Tandy or Maplin, I bet it all going through that mic, looks like is in a living room aslo, when you compare this with some of the things that people think are good, well you make your mind up. This lad is going to make some money in life. Seen here first on SZ - well not really. James has one of those mics in his sudio.

Tony
Posted by: montunoman

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 04:48 AM

wow, I wish I could play/sing like that frown

I work with kids this age, and I've never had any that were into the standards. All of them seem to be into the rap/hip hop stuff. It's nice to see a kid with good taste!

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 05:27 AM

All you need is a piano & a voice .. wink
the rest is all "FLUFF"

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
the rest is all "FLUFF"

That is so right. Talent rules. I am a huge fan of Jackson Browne. I have just about worn out his live double cd, just him and a guitar or him and a piano. And last night, I happened to grab the solo cd by Dwight Yoakam and listened to it. Wow, him and a guitar, this guy is something special. I never realized just how good a singer that guy is. He has a terrific voice. Saw Elton John, solo, in concert a few years ago. A bit of talent there.
Posted by: Songman55

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
the rest is all "FLUFF"

Amen to that. Joe
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 07:56 AM

He obviously has talent that, properly nurtured, could lead to a career ... Personally, I would suggest that he try to get away from sounding like Sinatra ... how much of a career could he have as a "sound - alike" ? ...

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
He obviously has talent that, properly nurtured, could lead to a career ... Personally, I would suggest that he try to get away from sounding like Sinatra ... how much of a career could he have as a "sound - alike" ? ...

When I first replied, I had in there that I don't know if he is trying to sound like Sinatra or not. Is he? Regardless, he could have a career with a Sinatra tribute, a crooner's tribute (several of which he could sing their hits), or, just doing his own thing. It's rare to have that kind of voice. And can play, too. With an Italian name and even looks Italian, haha. Heck, he can't lose.
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: 16 Year Old Sinatra!!.............. - 03/23/11 12:44 PM

Donny......thanks, this young man definitely has talent and is on the right track...great to see youngsters doing our music, still gives me hope for
my son and daughter to come aboard....I wish this
young man all the success in his future .
Tony Rome