First Gig with the Tyros 4

Posted by: kbrkr

First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:24 AM

I did my first gig with the Tyros 4 on Saturday; 1 Hour Cocktail hour as a solo then a Band Gig as keyboard player with a wedding band.

The Tyros 4 voices were so authentic, I actually got applause for a couple of Sax solos I did and I had a crowd around me during the cocktail hour from older attendees who loved the Standards I was playing and the sound of the keyboard. They really appreciated the Big Band Sound of the tyros on "Watch what Happens", "Take the A Train", and the Latin sounds of "Girl from Ipanema, Never on Sunday, Quando, Quando, Quando".

What I found was the T4 actually gave me added confidence in what I was doing and that translated into a more enjoyable performance to the guests.

I'm a very happy camper!
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:55 AM

Al, congrats on your successful Tyros 4 maiden gig voyage. smile
I continue to receive overwhelminly positive responses from my audiences as well.
The big step up in instrument realism, both backing track rhythm section and New SA voices are noticed by all,
and I agree that this brings added playing inspiration and confidence on stage. cool
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:57 AM

Al,

From what I have heard and not live, I can imagine you would get a good response, Al it is obvious the sounds are awsome, some big speakers not the ones supplied would make it sound better still, good luck with the T4, young man!

Tony
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:58 AM

Great news, Al! Glad to hear your gig went well.

The Saxes are among my favorite sounds...the new SA2 Pop Soprano and Ballad Soprano are especially nice.

I also love the new SA Ballad Delay, Finger Chorus, and Finger Amp guitars.

Having a great sound really does inspire confidence.

Ian
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:07 AM

Al, terrific news, I'm happy to hear you were a hit with your audience. By the way great selection of standards for the cocktail hour.

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
it is obvious the sounds are awsome, some big speakers not the ones supplied would make it sound better still
That said, what Pa speaker setup did you use on your first gig with Tyros 4? smile
Posted by: Dnj

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:16 AM

"That Said" he he he coffee............

Congrats on your deflowering of your Tyros 4......
you must be so proud!! Much more success !

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Hey, didn't you know that the expression "that said" is becoming very common among those who enjoy the finer things in life, like a Tyros4?

That said, I'll now return to playing my fantastic T4 arranger.

Ian

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:54 AM

Thanks All...my sound system is a Powered Mixer running stereo into to Peavey PR10 speakers. Lightweight, but with very good definition for a budget friendly system. The Stereo really adds to the T4 sound quality.

For the band setup, we use Bose L1's which I take an output from my powered mixer and run stereo into the main board.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Hey, didn't you know that the expression "that said" is becoming very common among those who enjoy the finer things in life, like a Tyros4?

That said, I'll now return to playing my fantastic T4 arranger.

Ian

I agree Ian...... It's more the talent of the player vs the KB..

although I always have a crowd around me at gigs like this with any kb I ever used & I don't even use a T4 wink go figure keys

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 09:14 AM

I agree Ian...... It's more the talent of the player vs the KB..

although I always have a crowd around me at gigs like this with any kb I ever used & I don't even use a T4 wink go figure keys

Of course, Donny...I was just kidding you...an S910 is a perfectly excellent arranger...used one myself, till I started playing the Tyros4.

That said ...I'm hooked on the T4, just like Al, Steve and Scott.

Ian
Posted by: saxxman

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 10:25 AM

Hey guys - keep those reports coming in! Inquisitive minds want to know! smile HA HA!

Congrats Al on the success! The T4 is a great board!

Randy
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 03:12 PM

Hi Al

What powered mixer are you using?
Posted by: leeboy

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 03:43 PM

Congrats Al,
Now you (Everyone) knows why I have been saying..."IT DOES matter how the keyboard you play SOUNDS!!

It's a matter of inspiration....I guess if your in it just for the paycheck it matters less...but we are musicians first!
Are we not?

If you love the sounds and so does your audience (Cusomers, Wife, Mom, Dad, neighbors) you just play better and want to play more.

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:47 PM

HI Scott,

I use Behringer PMP2000 and a PMP1680S. The PMP2000 has (3) Pairs of Stereo inputs and outputs 250W per channel Stereo. The 1680s is 800 Watts per side, but only has two Stereo pairs of inputs which I use for larger gigs. I also use Peavey PR10's and PR15's with upgraded tweeters. Both the powered mixer and the speakers are very light weight. I also use a QSC K-sub Powered Sub for dance gigs. I'm hoping to get some QSC K12's at some point as they sound very crisp and loud.

Al

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/07/11 07:56 PM

Hi Al,
Very impressive sounding rocker setup.

How long does it take to setup/breakdown?
With the QSC K12's, you'll really be rockin'. guitar drums keys

Re: First Gig with the Tyros 4 - 03/08/11 05:16 AM

Hi Scott,

It doesn't take long at all; it's only 3 pieces at a time depending on the size of the gig. For most gigs, I only use the smaller PMP2000 and the PR10's. For larger gigs the PMP1680s and the PR15's.

I also just purchase the Apex AX90R keyboard stand:
http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/AX-90R

I get so many compliments on that stand. It's a breeze to setup and it's steady as a rock. It is a little heavy, but it's worth it. The RED color really adds POP to the stage.

I'll try to take some pictures after next weeks Wedding.