AUDYA 4, FOR SALE

Posted by: donpatt

AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 05:57 AM

Listed in Buy and Sell forum!
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 08:05 AM

Won't be the first or the last, but it didn't last long why???
Posted by: Bachus

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Won't be the first or the last, but it didn't last long why???

Aye why did you decide to sell it?

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 08:51 AM

I have a Tyros 4 that suits my needs better.
Don P
Posted by: leeboy

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 09:05 AM

Don,
How long have you had the T4. In what ways does the T4 suit your needs better? What kind of music? Are you a PRO gigging out, or hobbyist? I'm considering one for my needs.

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: donpatt
I have a Tyros 4 that suits my needs better.
Don P

So the Tyros 4 can produce the same quallity or better drum sounds then the Audya?
Posted by: miden

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Aye why did you decide to sell it?

'Cos he is going to buy the 76 note Tyros 4 you told him was to be available after Musik Messe wink

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 10:12 AM

Hi Lee,

Actually got the T4 right after the A4. Is was planned that way. I wanted to do my own comparison side-by-side! But I also knew I would sell one or the other.

Bottom line, simplicity! or, ease of use. The T4 is just much easier to use, it interfaces very well with my Roland V accordion. It has IMO very good sounds, especially the ones I use, trumpet, clarinet, sax, guitars vibes.

If the Audya had all the OTS set up, it may be a different story, cause I love all the Ketron sounds as well. But I'm just to old to try and add all that. I know AJ is supposed to be working on software upgrade, but when? And how much?
I also never got my accordion to work properly with the Audya. Probably operator error!

Basically, arrangers and accordions are my hobby, however, I do play out sometimes; not nearly as much as I used to. It was strictly on the weekends, I never quit my day job.

I play country, old standards, polkas (when I have to). I actually worked a job last weekend playing accoustic accordion. For a fellow's 80th birthday. There were about 75 people from time to time. I played lots of Italian, and French, old pop, and movie tunes. About two hours worth. Can't say I strolled, at my age its more of a slow shuffle! But, I did mingle!

Don P
Posted by: DonM

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 11:37 AM

Don is being modest. He plays beautiful music with the accordion and uses the arranger for backing.
DonM

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: donpatt
Hi Lee,

Actually got the T4 right after the A4. Is was planned that way. I wanted to do my own comparison side-by-side! But I also knew I would sell one or the other.

Bottom line, simplicity! or, ease of use. The T4 is just much easier to use, it interfaces very well with my Roland V accordion. It has IMO very good sounds, especially the ones I use, trumpet, clarinet, sax, guitars vibes.

If the Audya had all the OTS set up, it may be a different story, cause I love all the Ketron sounds as well. But I'm just to old to try and add all that. I know AJ is supposed to be working on software upgrade, but when? And how much?
I also never got my accordion to work properly with the Audya. Probably operator error!

Basically, arrangers and accordions are my hobby, however, I do play out sometimes; not nearly as much as I used to. It was strictly on the weekends, I never quit my day job.

I play country, old standards, polkas (when I have to). I actually worked a job last weekend playing accoustic accordion. For a fellow's 80th birthday. There were about 75 people from time to time. I played lots of Italian, and French, old pop, and movie tunes. About two hours worth. Can't say I strolled, at my age its more of a slow shuffle! But, I did mingle!

Don P

Allready for sale in Belgium

http://www.piens.be/product/yamaha/tyros-4-chromatic-value-bundle/nl/065505

Tyros 4 with Chromatic keys... Could be an idea wink

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 12:30 PM

That's interesting from Belgium!

DonM, the check's in the mail!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 02:01 PM

What DonM said!

Gary cool

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 02:47 PM

Don,
OK...thanks for telling me your thoughts on it.
I'd like to hear some of your songs if you get time...(mostly with the T4)
Posted by: Robbo

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/08/11 03:08 PM

Well, the more I listen to the T4 the more excited I am as to what it offers, I mean the sound is just incredible, tHE MANY MORE available styles, addons, almost has me tilting my hand back to the Yammy, as far as the PA3X well the demo's at NAMM were disgraceful and never got over the LED problems not that they fixed them it was that they denied the problem for a long time, until the hand was forced. Anyway it looked like mutton done up as chicken at NAMM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/09/11 07:32 AM

Robbo....
Another great attribute for Yamaha Units is their excellent reliability.

Re: AUDYA 4, FOR SALE - 02/09/11 07:48 AM

Robbo,
I am also leaning towards the T4.

Just to be fair...I'm not sure for a long time until several people helped them figure it out that Korg knew what was going on with the LED's. Also, very, very few had any issue with this. My PA2XPRO has always been 100% never any issues at all, like most people. Today if there is a problem with them, they take care of it free even if out of warranty (USA at least). They just got some bad parts from the vendor in a batch, it happens.

As I get older...I guess I look for simpler in some ways.
The T4 souds great, it is fairly simple, and pretty darn capable...BUT the PA2/PA3 is a far superior PRO level arranger if you really understand the features/functions and flexibility. And if you want those features. Both are great.

At this pint I am into quality sounds for the tyle music I play, so T4 wind today...I may wait to see what the PA3 sounds like.