Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes

Posted by: Scottyee

Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/29/11 09:45 PM

Peter Baartmans on Tyros 4 - It Was A Very Good Year:

Peter Baartmans on Tyros 4 - Honeysuckle Rose:

Posted by: Tapas

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/29/11 10:02 PM

Brilliant!

Now thats what I call a professional demo.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/29/11 11:30 PM

Thankx Scott, that were smooth performances, by Peter.
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 06:24 AM

Looks like he is in a pretty nice studio...
Nice renditions of those 2 songs..
T4 sounded great.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 06:40 AM

AWESOME!....AWESOME! It doesn't get much better then that.....Peter is simply brilliant!!
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 06:41 AM

He's very good...
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 07:42 AM

If you want to sell your arrangers to the homeplayers, then these Yamaha demonstrators are the way to go...

Musically i think Peter is the best of them. But Bert makes up with Charisma and Voncken plays the German market like noboddy else..

I really loved this demo... And everytime i see a great Tyros 4 Demo i keep hoping for a T4-pro.... But then that might never happen.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 09:37 AM

Completely agree... I always keep wishing for a demo aimed more at pro's (most of them do music nothing like what I do) doing more contemporary approaches.

Simple 'instrumental' music is a tough sell at a gig around here, and mysteriously, most people round here have heard (and want to hear) music from the last twenty years..!
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 12:36 PM

Diki,
In Florida? I would think they would want big band, Motown, 30's - 60's. Standards n such??
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bachus
If you want to sell your arrangers to the homeplayers, then these Yamaha demonstrators are the way to go...

So why don't you think these would equally appeal to pro players? I'm a pro player and these sort of demos certainly impressed me to buy one. rocker

Originally Posted By: Diki
I always keep wishing for a demo aimed more at pro's (most of them do music nothing like what I do) doing more contemporary approaches.

How about Harris' more contemporary examples in the Namm vids I posted? When you say contemporary, you mean 2011 hits or? What's contemporary to you afterall could be consiered old school to another. Please provide examples, perhaps your own arrager created tunes. cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Diki
I always keep wishing for a demo aimed more at pro's (most of them do music nothing like what I do) doing more contemporary approaches.

How about Harris' more contemporary examples in the Namm vids I posted? When you say contemporary, you mean 2011 hits or? What's contemporary to you afterall could be consiered old school to another. Please provide examples, perhaps your own arrager created tunes. cool [/quote]

Scott I also would love to hear some more of these contemporary songs also played on an arranger KB styles or SMF's....Diki?
Posted by: Diki

Re: Peter Baartmans Tyros 4 Performances : Jazz Tunes - 01/30/11 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Diki,
In Florida? I would think they would want big band, Motown, 30's - 60's. Standards n such??

Take a look at the map... I'm in the part of Florida tucked under Alabama. Nowhere NEAR the retirees down in the sunny south! Rednecks, and good ol' boys, mostly!

R&B, New Orleans music, reggae and Buffet, bit of country, bit of country rock, things like that. No 'society' scene around here! It's a BIG state, at least by coastline (longest in the USA) but the snowbirds and retirees like to go a bit further south, usually...