Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time!

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/18/11 11:29 AM

No kids, no students, no work ..... time for some "Uncle & me" time with the pa800! I just got a slew of styles in an ebay auction for $10, so I'm going to see what I can use them for ... if there's anything significant, I'll post them for all to share. Not sure of what I even have yet. Todays snow is more freezing rain than fluffy stuff, so I'm not going anywhere! The driveway and walk are cleared, and now it's time for some hot coffee and music! (back into my robe an slippers too!) mmmmm
East Coast winters - LOVE 'em!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/18/11 11:48 AM

I'll send ya some PA800 stuff also....check your mail in a few,,
Posted by: DonM

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/18/11 12:58 PM

Hey Dave, can you post some recordings you've done on that piece of ... I mean wonderful keyboard?
I couldn't get it to sound good, but I had one of the first models, before the OS upgrade.
I'll be happy to host them for you. I still have a couple you did years ago.
DonM

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/18/11 03:04 PM

Don,
I haven't recorded much since I had it ... just a few things to fool around with. I'll see if I can make something soon!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/18/11 04:57 PM

Do it Dave. I haven't heard you perform since you were playing that Philadelphia Italian restaurant job. We have to get together again (before we're all dead.)

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/19/11 09:01 PM

Hey Gar! Yes...before we're dead is good! lol
You know ... I didn't get a blessed thing done on my "free day" .... watched old reruns of my favorite shows on the DVR and ate leftovers from Sunday dinner with the kids. Not a bad day, but not productive either! Oh well .... it should snow again this Friday ... maybe ... just maybe ......:)

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/19/11 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hey Gar! Yes...before we're dead is good! lol
You know ... I didn't get a blessed thing done on my "free day" .... watched old reruns of my favorite shows on the DVR and ate leftovers from Sunday dinner with the kids. Not a bad day, but not productive either! Oh well .... it should snow again this Friday ... maybe ... just maybe ......:)

Get ready for another Another unexpected snow day Friday!!!! frown

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/19/11 10:03 PM

Yep, the weather doodles are calling for 5 to 8 inches here--another day lost. Fortunately, I still write for a boating magazine and can pound the PC keys for a few hours and pick up a couple hundred bucks. Then, when the snow stops falling, I'll fire up the snow blower and clear the driveway--all 300 feet of it. Damned I hate winter. eek

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/20/11 12:24 AM

I almost decided to play golf today, but the fairways are still a little damp and the temp only reached 60. Maybe tomorrow will be better!
DonM

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/20/11 07:11 PM

Well, it was about 38 degrees when I left for work this morning, and I still had the window down! Don, you and Gary are too soft! Brrrrrr - breathe in that clean, fresh North East air! Ahhhhhhhhh smile

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/20/11 09:28 PM

AHHH! That's your problem; you have to leave for work in the DAYTIME.
Actually we had a cold front come through this evening too. Good news is it will blow on out in a few days and it will be warm again. Meanwhile I'm getting a lot of work done on my keyboard(s).
DonM
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/20/11 11:28 PM

The Villages in Florida are sounding better each Winter day

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/21/11 12:28 AM

No way will I ever make that trek down south, unless it's to visit my parents! (St Augustine) even they have the guts to stay up here for 8 months at least! All my furniture went on
"Tour" to Miami a few years ago ... I'd hate to run into it again! LOL
We'll miss ya, Larry ..... but I'm a Jersey Boy forever! ( at least in the summer, but in Philly now, though! )
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/21/11 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: lahawk
The Villages in Florida are sounding better each Winter day

Larry,

Ditto! We had plans to move 20 minutes from The Villages in Oak Run in about 18 months but those plans have been de-railed temporarily (looonnnggg story) it will be a little later rather than sooner. Winter's great when you don't have to work days, fight traffic and can ski a few times per week. I had an emergency repair in one of our offices outside Boston during this past Tuesday's storm 2 hours 45 minute drive for what should have been under an hour.

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/21/11 07:56 AM

Dave,

If you love winter so much, why not hop in your car, drive to my place and fire up the snow blower. wink

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/21/11 09:39 AM

I love winter. I'm just glad it was yesterday and the sun is back today.
DonM

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/21/11 09:53 AM

Just cleared 4 inches of light dusting from the driveway, temperature is dropping line a stone, probably hit 12 degrees f tonight. DonM wouldn't have to worry about slicing a golf ball into the pond (water hazard). The ball would just bounce off the pond, onto the green and slide across the ice into the cup. wink

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Dave,

If you love winter so much, why not hop in your car, drive to my place and fire up the snow blower. wink

Gary cool

Gary - what I LOVE about it is staying put! Making soup, blasting Beach Boys music while I shovel, watching the "mainstreamers" head out to work at unGodly hours ... all snow crusted ..... while I sit tight and warm ... at home. Mmmmm ... that's one little perk of teaching school - do you remember HOW COOL snow days were? It's like Christmas, or a "get out of jail FREE" card!
I DO want to come see you soon, though ..... we need a crab fest!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 10:18 AM

Dave,

Gary cool

Gary - what I LOVE about it is staying put! Making soup, blasting Beach Boys music while I shovel, watching the "mainstreamers" head out to work at unGodly hours ... all snow crusted ..... while I sit tight and warm ... at home. Mmmmm ... that's one little perk of teaching school - do you remember HOW COOL snow days were? It's like Christmas, or a "get out of jail FREE" card!
I DO want to come see you soon, though ..... we need a crab fest!

Yea Gary it's been a while since we got Crabbed up with Jumbos!!! Dan O does it up very well also!
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 12:12 PM

Yea Gary it's been a while since we got Crabbed up with Jumbos!!! Dan O does it up very well also! [/quote]

Count me in on the crab fest.

Joe
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 12:31 PM

As a San Francisco Bay "Fresh Dungeness Crab" lover that enjoys our many local crab feasts held this time of year here, curious what species of crab the regional specialthy on the East coast? smile

Posted by: lahawk

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 02:51 PM

Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs

I once visited this market in DC:

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 02:55 PM

Scott ... here on the 'right' coast wink it is all about "Jersey" or "Maryland" blue claw crabs ...
http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/Maryland/MarylandBlueCrabPhotoW.jpg

I cannot share your enthusiasm for the Dungeness crab ... a number of years ago I spent a couple of weeks in San Francisco and of course visited Fisherman's Wharf a number of times ... before too long the aroma (odor?) of the Dungeness crabs cooking in huge pots actually turned me off crabs for a while ...

NOTHING like the blue claw ... yummmmm ...

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 02:58 PM

Donny would be in hog heaven if he visited the DC Fish Market. Of course, he would end up broke too. Crabs were still selling for more than $40 a dozen for large, and jumbos hit $50 a dozen.

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/23/11 07:31 PM

Donny would be in hog heaven if he visited the DC Fish Market. Of course, he would end up broke too. Crabs were still selling for more than $40 a dozen for large, and jumbos hit $50 a dozen.

Gary cool

I just follow Gary usually with my BIB on and mouth watering & hammer in hand....Gary is DA MAN when it comes to Crabs!!
Posted by: Diki

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/24/11 12:48 PM

Can I get a promise from every poster on this thread talking about crabs to NEVER criticize another member for going OT or diverting a thread's original intent ever again?! laugh cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/24/11 01:46 PM

Crabs, snow days, recording--what the Hell--they all go together. wink

Gary cool
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/25/11 10:14 AM

Dave-can't believe you STILL have that POS Bontempi I unloaded to you several years ago.

Seriously, can't think of anyone who I'd rather have it.

Take care, you old "SOFTEE"!

Russ

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 06:24 AM

Snowing again now 6-10" due by tonight!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 09:45 AM

I'm headed out the door right now to fire up the snow blower--we have 6 inches on the ground and more coming later today.

Damned I hate winter!

Gary

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 10:36 AM

Cheer up Gary..... Saturday we get another storm :EEK:

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:33 AM

Shreveport, La Forecast: 54° F Precip: 0% Wind: SW 2 mph

Time for some GOLF!
DonM
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:38 AM

Man, it is mild here (minus 5C)...just a touch of snow, but not as brutally cold as last week (minus 35C).

http://www.cbc.ca/weather/s0000670.html

Still, probably need a warm jacket and gloves.

Ian
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:40 AM

Gary, hurry up and get your butt down here in Fla. It's 66 now in Tampa and it was 77 yesterday.

Who has crabs?
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:41 AM

San Francisco, CA Forecast: 68° F Precip: 0% Wind: NNE 3 mph

time for a walk on the beach smile
Frisbee anyone? cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:42 AM

Just got in from clearing the driveway--Ugh! The weather forecast is for thunder-snow this evening, piling up as much as 2 to 3 inches an hour for 2 to 4 hours. Looks like I won't be working tonight or tomorrow. Sure glad I stocked up on Kickapoo Joy Juice. wink

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:45 AM

... same here in lil rhody ... Wasn't supposed to start 'till later but the ground is already covered ... but, that's winter in the NorthEast guys and gals ... like it, leave it, or just tolerate it smile ... Only people happy are kids, plow guys, and my 'snow-bird' friends who are in FL already ...

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:48 AM

I'm definitely gonna' "leave it!" Unfortunately, the boat will not be ready for several months so I guess I'll have to put up with it for a while longer. wink

Gary cool
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 12:22 PM

Just got in from clearing the driveway--Ugh! The weather forecast is for thunder-snow this evening, piling up as much as 2 to 3 inches an hour for 2 to 4 hours. Looks like I won't be working tonight or tomorrow. Sure glad I stocked up on Kickapoo Joy Juice. wink

Gary cool

Kickapoo Joy Juice? Does that act as anti-freeze?

I can't drink alcoholic beverages...I'm allergic to alcohol...I break out in spots!

Bars, nightclubs, taverns, pubs...

Ian

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Dave-can't believe you STILL have that POS Bontempi I unloaded to you several years ago.
Seriously, can't think of anyone who I'd rather have it.
Russ

Russ,
I may have the case hollowed out so I can be BURIED in that "old POS" ! smile
A Million thanx!
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/26/11 11:09 PM

I'm definitely gonna' "leave it!" Unfortunately, the boat will not be ready for several months so I guess I'll have to put up with it for a while longer. wink

Gary cool

Don't you just love the weather here in the Peoples' Republic of Maryland?

Joe

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/27/11 11:30 AM

OK ... SOMEone has got to go outside and clear this driveway! Anyone? ...... Oh yeah, it's ME...... sigh ........... shovlin' all by myself again.
smile
I hear a country song comin' on!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/27/11 11:36 AM

I on a triple gig snow sux bad today

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/27/11 05:09 PM

Just finished playing golf. If was cool enough I needed a light jacket, but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow.
smile smile
DonM

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/27/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Just finished playing golf. If was cool enough I needed a light jacket, but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow.
smile smile
DonM

Don ... you REALLY know how to hurt a guy !!! smirk ...

what's going to be bad later is when the snow that is piled 8 - 10 feet some places melts and turns to water!!!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 04:55 AM

OK - inspiration has hit! I'm currently obsessed with the beautiful vocal sound of the 60s group, the Critters, so I'm working on an arrangement of "Mr Dieingly Sad". Stay tuned .....
(OK, Dnj ... post the link to the song - that's your job, right? lol)
What beautiful chords changes and tender words .... I can't WAIT to sing this live tomorrow night!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 05:23 AM

OK - inspiration has hit! I'm currently obsessed with the beautiful vocal sound of the 60s group, the Critters, so I'm working on an arrangement of "Mr Dieingly Sad". Stay tuned .....
What beautiful chords changes and tender words .... I can't WAIT to sing this live tomorrow night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6khXfUK3M

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 06:53 AM

Dave,

You could do a fantastic job with this one if you had a keyboard or vocal processor that had programmable, vocal harmony loops. I would love to hear this one done with the T4.

Gary cool
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 07:28 AM

I haven't heard that tune in about 30 years, just went back to listen to it. Great song it is!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 09:40 AM

My plan is to try it without any overdubs first ... I want to see how my four freshman approach works .... if it's lacking, then I'll do a second pass with the harmonizer just to thicken it up a bit. My gut feeling is that I'll be happy in real time ... the chords are so pretty - it doesn't need too much to do it justice.

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 09:44 AM

My plan is to try it without any overdubs first ... I want to see how my four freshman approach works .... if it's lacking, then I'll do a second pass with the harmonizer just to thicken it up a bit. My gut feeling is that I'll be happy in real time ... the chords are so pretty - it doesn't need too much to do it justice.

Shangrila is my favorite Four Freshman Song ....love to hear you take a crack at that one Dave wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRW_yqsFHU

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 03:24 PM

SNOW BLOWER????? We don't need no stinkin' snow blower!!!! lol
(well, maybe at YOUR age!) smile

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 04:14 PM

Believe me, when you reach this age you will either buy a snow blower, or maybe you'll find a redhead to support you in a manner you would like to become accustomed to, hopefully, somewhere in south Florida. Then you won't need no stinkin' snow blower. All you'll need is a nice sailing yacht and some Kickapoo Joy Juice. wink

Gary cool

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 04:46 PM

Hey its snowing here agin now .....and WED another BIGGIE Snowstorm is coming get ready Gary!!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 05:30 PM

Man ... these kids may be in school till July, if they don't get their days in soon!

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 09:40 PM

If you saw Gary's property you would know why he needs a snow blower ...

Re: Another unexpected snow day ..... PA800 time! - 01/28/11 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

If you saw Gary's property you would know why he needs a snow blower ...

T, I know it well.....you really need a Ski Lift from the street to the house :):):)