Roland KC-110 (need opinions!)

Posted by: squeak_D

Roland KC-110 (need opinions!) - 12/24/10 06:47 PM

Anyone here own, use/tested this keyboard amp? It's only 30 watts.., and not that large. Is this thing really worth nearly $400? This little amp would fit in great for a few uses that I have.., but wow the $400 price tag on this little amp is shocking IMO.

I know it's in stereo and can run on batteries.., but you could get a (3 chan) KC-60 (even though it's not stereo and doesn't use batteries) for $279 (and it's 40 watts).

Anyone else think the KC-110 is a little overpriced.., and if it's not does anyone have any insight on how it sounds (does it live up to the $400 price tag?)
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Roland KC-110 (need opinions!) - 12/24/10 08:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-KC-110-Stereo...=item5196b4ffdb

you can get them off ebay for much less
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Roland KC-110 (need opinions!) - 12/25/10 06:16 AM

It's probably the same 30 watt battery amp they put in the BA330. Loved the mixer/effects/stereo link feature/speaker combo. While a nice concept it lacked any punch or power and I sent mine back. Good only for some mellow acoustic stuff. Had they put a solid 250 watt or so stereo amp in there I would of bought two for a true stereo setup. I think for really small stuff you re on the right track with a regular small keyboard amp or active pa speaker.

Bill in NJ