New Xmas Song

Posted by: beachbum

New Xmas Song - 12/23/10 01:14 AM

Usually takes me about a month to put a song together.. Got the Idea on Sunday and only have a few hours at night to work... Anyway, this is to all the scrooge folks...

If you have time take a listen and let me know what you think... http://chipos.com
Song is Christmas is Alive
(click the play button on the bottom right)

Forgive the vocals.. I have a cold....

Merry xmas to you all and all a good night!

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 12-23-2010).]

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/02/11 11:01 PM

Wow... Not one comment on me new xmas song. I thought it showed off the 910 rather nicely. Only had four nights to pull it off before christmas as I just had the idea.

Thought the oboe part turned out good which was tough...

Happy new year to you, and hope to be posting new songs through the year...
Posted by: Taike

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/03/11 12:34 AM

Sorry, Beachbum. First time I see this thread. I even wondered why you posted this a week after Christmas...till I saw the date.

First thing that came to mind was "The Nightmare Before Christmas" because the vocals sound a bit eerie. Not that I mean that in a bad way because it ads a certain charm to the song. Having a cold can be a good thing.

I love the oboe part. Very bright sound which is perfect for Xmas songs.

Overall a very enjoyable perfomance.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang
Posted by: Nigel

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/03/11 01:05 AM

A very nice change from the traditional sugary Xmas music. It had a certain darkeness to it with the vocal intensity and the oboe part that I really enjoyed.

Great job, thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/03/11 12:04 PM

hi beachbum. Didnt really feel this one. That yamaha style is just way too specific and it detracted from the lyrics of the songs because it just didnt suit to my ears.

But your production skills are very apparent
and your vocals are impressive.

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/03/11 07:36 PM

Thanks for the feeback... Thought yammaha did a great job on the Oboe patch..

Thanks again
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/04/11 10:00 AM

beachbum ... I thought it was pretty good ... also thought the 910 sounded good ...
t.
Posted by: DonM

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/04/11 10:20 AM

BB, I enjoyed the song a lot. Good job and thanks for sharing.
DonM
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/04/11 10:32 AM

Dcall, apologizies for having overlooked listening till now. Is this part of a self penned Christmas production musical? Your music keeps sounding better & better each year. Such a high level of professionalism, and esp impressive that you were able to pull this all off with the S910 alone. Wow! Yamaha should be hiring you to market their keyboards. Happy 2011 and thanks for sharing.

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/04/11 11:14 PM

Good idea Scott... All the xams songs kind of blend nicley into a stage show! Now if I can only get Yammie to donate a tyros 4 and see what I can do with that... Only need to write about 10 more xmas songs to get the stage production.. Thanks again everyone...
Posted by: cgiles

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/05/11 05:01 AM

Really liked it. Quite a bit different from what's usually presented here. And sung in tune too (some recent presentations have been slightly off-key, which drives me nuts - especially coming from a pro). Nice job.

chas
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/05/11 05:35 AM

Just now saw the thread. I enjoyed it, it has a very cool vibe. Yammy sounds impressive, vocal superb. Ending was fab.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/05/11 07:24 AM

Beachbum,

I kinda' split on this one. You did an excellent job with the keyboard and it sounded great in every area. Your vocals continue to improve with every new song. Anyone that has downloaded my Christmas Gig Disk knows I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas songs--I do some really wacky versions. I believe, however, the some tends to be somewhat repetitive in nature and needs variation.

Thanks again,

Gary
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: New Xmas Song - 01/05/11 12:18 PM

Man, that is a great tune, Beach.

Arrangement, vocals, and instruments all done very well.

The oboe fits perfectly...suits the theme...adds a bit of lightness to the dramatic background.

Ian