Roland Juno Gi

Posted by: barnabymagic2

Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 02:42 AM

Just bought a Roland Juno Gi to try to convert from arranger playing to piano style. I only play as a hobby but was a professional entertainer (magician) prior to retiring recently due to ill health. Constructive criticism welcomed. (prepares himself for flames etc). As bad a pianist as I am, I am actually quite a good magician. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSWQR6eRTzc
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 03:01 AM

not bad at all - thanks for sharing.

my main criticism is the poor video quality

Nick

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 04:26 AM

I know. I filed it with my still camera, which records in quicktime or something, and had to convert it. The quality then suffered. I think it was my settings. I'm not so good with video conversion formats etc. Thanks for commenting. All the best for Christmas. Neil.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 05:03 AM

Nice job, good playing......
I would also suggest sitting lower or raising the keyboard so your arms are parallel.

Merry Xmas

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-21-2010).]
Posted by: zuki

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 06:43 AM

Nice playing and thx for sharing. I plan to start posting stuff soon, now that my son bought me a Q3HD for Christmas.

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 07:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestion re raising the keyboard. I'll give it a try. Having watched the vid., I also realise I could do with losing some weight too. Not going to be easy with Christmas on the way. Lol. I'm trying to learn to expand arrangements by extending chords and using 2nds, 4ths etc. So much to learn, but it's very enjoyable.

Re: Roland Juno Gi - 12/21/10 07:50 AM

Ps. Zuki. The Q3HD looks great. Bet you're gonna have a lot of fun with it.