Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality)

Posted by: jamman

Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 11/30/10 11:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quU75X_J_XQ
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 03:24 AM

That sounds great! thanks for sharing!
Love that SA Concert guitar voice you played it very nicely as well!

Cheers,
Nick
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 05:14 AM

Subtle and clean performance.
Very well done.
Congratulations
Chico
Posted by: gilbert

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 06:19 AM

Cool,
Nice relaxed presentation which does both yourself and the S900 credit.

Gilbert.
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 06:19 AM

Really enjoyed the "Latin vibe" you orchestrated here. Your vocal and VH were fine. Thanks for sharing. Bravo!

Dave Rice http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 09:21 AM

Enjoyed that. Thanks Jamman.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 10:41 AM

Excellent in all categories!

Thanks,

Gary
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 11:26 AM

This is what this forum is and should be about. I am so happy that it has turned the corner !! This is such a sensitive and appropriate version.

I would not use the vocal harmoniser at all. It took away from the beauty and simplicity of what you were playing. The guitar riffs were really nice. And the solo was really tasetful.

Thank you for posting.
Posted by: jamman

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 01:54 PM

Guys, it's not me.it's just a you tube vid that I found.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 02:03 PM

Since it isn't you. . .
I enjoyed the performance and vocals. I thought the vocal harmonizer was pretty garbled.
Sax player needs to take a breath now and then!
Thanks for sharing this.
DonM
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 06:44 PM

Nice work, but I also think the 'harmony' is way overdone, and maybe not needed at all ...
This is a great tune that can be done in so many ways ... I've been playing it as a bossa with a musette accordion voice ...
t.
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 07:28 PM

Nice version...Guy has some talent, for sure...

I didn't think the harmonizer suited the tune at all...

One of the biggest challenges I've found using the guitars on the Tyros is to make sure they don't sound like a "keyboard". His block chords, if arppegiated, would sound more realistic.

I thought his lead was pretty juicy...

His sax would be more realistic if he cut the volume and positioned it behind his vocal-as a real sax player would do, then bring it up for his lead. Which I also thought was pretty darn good.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-01-2010).]
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/01/10 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jamman:
Guys, it's not me.it's just a you tube vid that I found.

hahaha this exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I posted a youtube video of someone playing on the S910!

Nick
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/02/10 08:23 AM

Even though it's not you, I still liked the playing aspects of the video. The vocals, as DonM stated, were a bit garbled because of the vocal harmonizer, and possibly the mic itself. One of the neat things about the entire PSR and Tyros series of keyboards is that with the right mic, and proper tuning, the vocal harmonizer can sound really good. It takes a lot of work to achieve outstanding vocals, but once the tuning is done with the onboard processor, the vocals range from good to outstanding. One of the PSR Tutorial members proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Thanks again for the link,

Gary
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/02/10 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Even though it's not you, I still liked the playing aspects of the video. The vocals, as DonM stated, were a bit garbled because of the vocal harmonizer, and possibly the mic itself. One of the neat things about the entire PSR and Tyros series of keyboards is that with the right mic, and proper tuning, the vocal harmonizer can sound really good. It takes a lot of work to achieve outstanding vocals, but once the tuning is done with the onboard processor, the vocals range from good to outstanding. One of the PSR Tutorial members proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Thanks again for the link,

Gary

Gary-

How long did we spend on my harmonizer on the T1 a few years ago? It was well over an hour, which while awesome on your part wound up with us both saying, stick with the digitech.

If you have a light/think voice-then yes, the on board harmonizer is decent. However for those of us with big, full voices...its quite often totally unusable.

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: zuki

Re: Yamaha PSR-S900 Autumn Leaves (VH quality) - 12/03/10 04:32 PM

Good job and nice chords. Thx for sharing - a brave thing to do here