Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal

Posted by: Dnj

Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/26/10 07:25 PM

http://roland-arranger.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&topic=1385.0

http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1385.0;attach=941

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-26-2010).]
Posted by: zuki

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/26/10 08:37 PM

Pretty good. I always have loved that song. What a talent BR is though...........

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 10:48 AM

I agree Zuki.....nice to hear people play instead of all the silly BS...comon people post something so we can learn from it.
Posted by: 124

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 02:30 PM

Well, if that ain't the best submission I've heard on any forum, I'll...I'll...I'll...

Damn, that was good. Thanks for putting up the link, Donny.

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Well, if that ain't the best submission I've heard on any forum, I'll...I'll...I'll...

Your very welcome....it's so much better then argiong about 76 keys & every other BS thing all the time.....why can't we have 300 posts of people playing songs instead that would be great ......I'm glad you enjoyed the song ...I know I did.
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 05:00 PM

Donny,
Well, you and many others here...play professionaly and are very, very good. Some , like me only play in our den, and are really learning still...dont really feel we are at your level so really don't want to post music until we feel it's at least at a certain level.

Doesn't mean we are not top notch technically and have fun playing.

I took a 20 year break from playing organ..(I was pretty decent then) bought an arranger and kind of started over, playing music wise. At 62, it's taking some time to come back up to speed...but I will do it and I'm having a good time.

Lately I spend a lot more time playing and am taking some lessons...than tech stuff/programming etc.

When I get something special I am proud of, I'll post it for the onslaught of riducual coming forth. But If I think it is special...I won't care...but I will welcome the critique.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it (Oh, that sounds like it could be in a song)

Lee S.

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Donny,
When I get something special I am proud of, I'll post it for the onslaught of riducual coming forth. But If I think it is special...I won't care...but I will welcome the critique.
Lee S.

Lee herein lies the problem....believe me after 40+ years on stage I still am learning tricks when I hear people play or watch their act no matter what level they play at...I always can find something interesting that i could possibly use when I perform...I have been doing that since I started playing at age 6.......please don't feel that way about your skills as you will never progress and it will only hold you back in this short life we all have to enjoy music to it's fullest. We must Absorb & Learn from each other. I might be OK at one thing but in so many others not. I'm always looking to make myself open to learning things. This is especially relevant when playing an Arranger KB because of the need for dual abilities in playing it and in the technical aspect of operating the unit while doing that also. I'm glad I've been learning how to do that since arrangers were introduced years ago.....I know if you just started the whole concept could be very daunting and seen difficult. That is why if we share our music with each other and ask questions, it can only improve our chops & techniques as we go along.

Have Fun

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-29-2010).]
Posted by: 124

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it (Oh, that sounds like it could be in a song)

Lee S.

That's some solid advice from Donny, Lee. And for your prophetic self: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1CnfvLfYgE
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/29/10 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:

i think if its not the best then its well up there. The vocals were flawless, I would buy that version tommorrow.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/30/10 08:04 AM

That's excellent ...
Clips on their 'Band of Gold' site are pretty good too .... http://www.bandofgoldmusic.com/index.asp
Great to see LIVE bands ...
t.
Posted by: cassp

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/30/10 06:09 PM

Just a reminder that I TRIED the e-jam for about four months two years ago. I still have the original submissions, I think.
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 10/30/10 07:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B] Lee herein lies the problem....believe me after 40+ years on stage I still am learning tricks when I hear people play or watch their act no matter what level they play at...I always can find something interesting that i could possibly use when I perform...I have been doing that since I started playing at age 6.......please don't feel that way about your skills as you will never progress and it will only hold you back in this short life we all have to enjoy music to it's fullest. We must Absorb & Learn from each other. I might be OK at one thing but in so many others not. I'm always looking to make myself open to learning things. This is especially relevant when playing an Arranger KB because of the need for dual abilities in playing it and in the technical aspect of operating the unit while doing that also. I'm glad I've been learning how to do that since arrangers were introduced years ago.....I know if you just started the whole concept could be very daunting and seen difficult. That is why if we share our music with each other and ask questions, it can only improve our chops & techniques as we go along.

My sentiments exactly. When the Tyros 4 came out, I listened to all of the demos. Then I listened to all of the demos from T1 to the S 900. I picked up so much that about half my show is different than what it was a month ago. I can't wait for the next new thing to come out. You can always pick up something new and interesting. In educational circles this is called life long learning.

Joe
Posted by: trident

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 11/01/10 04:44 PM

Fantastic, I also saw the wedding band's clips, guests and musicians seemed to have a really good time.

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 11/03/10 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Fantastic, I also saw the wedding band's clips, guests and musicians seemed to have a really good time.

I know it well having a 7 pc Wedding/Club Band 25 years....but alas those times are gone due to the introduction of computer driven DJ music introduced to the world in the 70's...Videos can be deceiving as they reflect mostly the "GOOD TIMES" at affairs not the bad.. I do miss the camaraderie on stage....I really enjoyed jamming with Don Mason and all the great people at the Louisiana Shreveport get together 2 years ago but I shouldn't complain as because of new technology like Arranger KB's, etc.. I am able to make a very good living performing solo for the last 17 years..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2010).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 11/03/10 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Your very welcome....it's so much better then argiong about 76 keys & every other BS thing all the time.....why can't we have 300 posts of people playing songs instead that would be great ......I'm glad you enjoyed the song ...I know I did.

You do know Chuck recorded this with 76 keys...

Re: Real Nice G70 Song w/ Vocal - 11/03/10 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
You do know Chuck recorded this with 76 keys...

Roland does give all of us so called
"Home KB Players" that option as does Ketron & Korg on "arrangers"!