Korg is Pregnant!

Posted by: Nedim

Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tramannoni:
We are working on something new, but it is usual practice not to disclose the new features and release date. But I'm confident you will not be disappointed.

Best regards,
Paolo

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 10-24-2010).]
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 10:02 AM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021754.html

------------------
TTG
Posted by: Irishacts

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 10:37 AM

The source is.... http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=351362#351362
Posted by: Diki

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 01:29 PM

What manufacturer ISN'T 'working on something new'?

Except maybe Roland..!

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 01:37 PM

Quote:

Depends on your view.
Can we really call the Tyros 4 a new keyboard?

Is it not the old one with a little added on ?
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Except maybe Roland..!

Uhmmm, let me think...

Ah yes Yamaha.. they haven't released a new product since The original Tyros, only improved versions which where nothing new under the horizon..

There you had me say it ...
Posted by: miden

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Depends on your view.

Yes, I agree James...

Dennis
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 02:14 PM

All the "Blue Light" Tyros 4 buttons is probably a sign about it's the final and very last product in the Tyros series.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, I really enjoyed this session with Peter Baartmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOhjGpAKuI&feature=related

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Uhmmm, let me think...

Ah yes Yamaha.. they haven't released a new product since The original Tyros, only improved versions which where nothing new under the horizon..

There you had me say it ...

No offense, but you use that definition, NOBODY has released a 'new' arranger except maybe the MS... ever! Everything, including the Audya, is simply an 'improvement' on the previous model.

Actually, the T2 introduced SA voices, which, for a hardware keyboard was the first time they had EVER been available...

I know it's fun to slag Yamaha (drives 'em crazy!), but it helps to at least base it around FACTS...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
All the "Blue Light" Tyros 4 buttons is probably a sign about it's the final and very last product in the Tyros series.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, I really enjoyed this session with Peter Baartmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOhjGpAKuI&feature=related

Crystal ball appear..........

Crystal ball Appear!!

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/24/10 09:34 PM

Can I quote you the next time you tell us all about the upcoming Roland arrangers, Donny?
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 08:58 AM

Quote:
No offense, but you use that definition, NOBODY has released a 'new' arranger except maybe the MS... ever! Everything, including the Audya, is simply an 'improvement' on the previous model.

Actually, the T2 introduced SA voices, which, for a hardware keyboard was the first time they had EVER been available...

I know it's fun to slag Yamaha (drives 'em crazy!), but it helps to at least base it around FACTS...

I was making a joke Diki.... (Hench me ducking away)
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 09:21 AM

Paolo does not usually say much....I take his comment as something pretty cool is comming. He usually does nt over hype things.

My own feeling is that it will not just be a few more DNC sounds and some new styles.

I think something diferent is comming.

My reason is: The PA2XPRO really does have about everything you may want. There is a few things that need fixed (always is) and a few things that need redesigned (file system with muli-sets). IMHO, All this would need is a new OS, not new HW ).

Time will tell...

If it is not SIGNIFICANT, I will not be getting it. You got to stop with the $$ sometimes.

Lee S.

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
. There is a few things that need fixed (always is) and a few things that need redesigned (file system with muli-sets). IMHO, All this would need is a new OS, not new HW ).

Lee I really hope so....glad that I'm not alone with the KORG "file management system"
I have to be honesdt I'm a bit excited about their New release with fingers crossed.

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 10:50 AM

Donny,
As you know...so we don't confuse anyone..the file management issues is only if you want to actually combine SETS from one to another. In other words merging of sets is a pain. BUT MOSTLY IF YOU USE ...USER SOUNDS.
Overall, while different, it is not a problem to use. (Mutiple styles within one file to load)

Lee S.
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Depends on your view.

Yes James pehaps you are right but the buggers will sell 1000s, they won't be out the back of someones van.

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Yes James pehaps you are right but the buggers will sell 1000s, they won't be out the back of someones van.

Yes.. and then one day the Arranger market will be dead.

Yamaha are not looking to the future at all when it comes to arrangers. They are just milking what users are left for all they are worth.

My 2 cents.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 02:57 PM

Quote:

One of the few times we agree, Diki, but you are spot on.

Ian

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/25/10 03:00 PM

I hear Korg is Pregnant! OMG...Well, I assure you I did not do it.
:-)
Lee S.

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/26/10 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
One of the few times we agree, Diki, but you are spot on.

Ian

Apparently, though, ONLY the 'facts' that YOU agree with are worth the name 'facts'...

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/27/10 10:34 AM

You boys go to your rooms for a while...when you can play nicely together come on out.

:-) :-)
Lee S.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/27/10 10:39 AM

Quote:
Apparently, though, ONLY the 'facts' that YOU agree with are worth the name 'facts'...

Tsk tsk...still moaning, eh?

I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong.

Ian

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/29/10 10:18 AM

I just remembered another thing I didn't like about the Korg Pa800 series units & that was I had to use a 5 pin 5 multi button pedal (?)for the VH or whatever verses being able to use single pedals with a 1/4" plug like Yamaha...and if I recall it was so light weight also and always moved about Arggg!

btw dont even get me started about the MC10 Yamaha, or Ketron 6 or 10 button pedals...blindfold yourself and try to hit buttons on your keyboard that's what its like ....having blind feet to control all these buttons under a KB while your singing... definitly not for me & I have never heard or seen any player do it without the sound being a bit quirky or them searching for which button to push while singing.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-29-2010).]

Re: Korg is Pregnant! - 10/29/10 12:01 PM

Obviously, you have NEVER played pedals, Donny. Mind you, didn't I remember you saying somewhere that being able to play, and look your audience in the eyes necessitated being able to hit the keys correctly without looking at your hands?

Stopping a pedal from sliding around is one of the easiest tricks in the book. Once you have done that, hitting every single switch (or note) blindfold is WAY easier than playing a keyboard blind...

My FC-7 does EVERY gig I do. And I have NO problem hitting wrong buttons.