Tablet PC and Musicreader

Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/08/10 03:59 PM

I'm always on the lookout for a replacement for my musicpad pro, and just noticed the new hp tablet.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of it, the HP TouchSmart tm2t series? Looks like it's the same weight and screen size as the MusicPad Pro, and priced at a similar level too.

Anyone using it with musicreader?
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/series/category/notebooks/tm2t_series/3/computer_store

Graham
Posted by: tcon

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/08/10 08:06 PM

Iv'e Got the hp tablet.I am very disapointed with it.The touch function is very unresponsive at times and you have to fight it.It is a nicely made computer but he touch screen lets it down.

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 06:18 AM

Hi tcon, do you use Music Reader on it? he screen looks very glossy so was wondering about reflection in different locations.

Graham
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 06:31 AM

I myself gor an 9.7" I-pad which is actually to small for music reading to my liking..

I have a 22" screen in my software set-up which really rocks for music reading, just like real music sheets 2 pages at once.

I use a USB numerical keyboard for turning pages and other things while playing
Posted by: RobertG

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 09:12 AM

See the post I added about the Kno. A hopefully up-coming tablet with two 14" screens.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021611.html

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 09-10-2010).]
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 09:22 AM

Graham,

I use the HP Tx2z Tablet for lyrics and music using Adobe reader. I simply swipe the screen up or down to page through the music. I love the tablet it is responsive (with Windows 7) and works very well.

I haven't tried it with musicreader. Would you like me to try it for you?

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 09-10-2010).]

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 05:50 PM

Wow Robert, two 14" screens seems like the ideal. How much?

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 05:52 PM

Al, thanks, I'm cautious to spend so much before getting some positive feedback from others. You can get musicreader as a free trial.

Thanks very much.

Graham

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/10/10 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
Wow Robert, two 14" screens seems like the ideal. How much?

The article I read said they were shooting for around $1,000

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 09-10-2010).]
Posted by: DAN.2000

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/12/10 03:31 AM

Inside the vArranger software, there is a sheetmusic reader.

you can search the scores entering the first letters of the song,

you can turn page by just clicking on it, or with a PC key, or with a midi message.

The scores are displayed in the screen, the bigger as possible, while fitting the screen size and concerving the original ratio.

This is one of the features of the varranger software.

You can also display the sheet music automatically while you load a style/song

It's a very interesting feature.

I have the HP TM2 tablet. the touch screen is OK after turning off, on the device manager, the usb power managment of the touch screen

the only problem is that the screen is very glossy....

Dan http://www.varranger.fr

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/12/10 10:56 AM

I have been using the HP-Tm2 and agree with the problem of the very shiny screen. However, it is nice that the screen can flip completely around for resting on a piano and using the touch screen. However, for music landscape is not idea.

Check out my other post about the Kno. I just adding info I saw today about an Acer Win 7 laptop with two 15" screen. This may be a growing trend.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021611.html
Posted by: tcon

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/12/10 09:10 PM

Hi Graham.Sorry about not replying sooner.I was working.I do not use a music reader with my laptop.Its something I might look into though.
Posted by: DAN.2000

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/15/10 10:58 AM

You can see a youtube video with the HP TM2 here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3hQl-2glY
Posted by: miden

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/15/10 12:45 PM

I use Music Reader on the Dell XT 2 tablet. Fits very neatly on any music rest as when folded flat it only measures a tad over 2cm thick.

Super quick touch response, and Music Reader is a good fit for this particular tablet.

It also has an SSD so it is super quiet and cool to run as well.

There is a v4 of the Music Reader program being released this quarter so it may be worth having a look at. LOTS of new features, and improved operation we are told.
Posted by: miden

Re: Tablet PC and Musicreader - 09/15/10 02:25 PM

Hi Brian,

Yes that was for the original XT, no-where near the same issues (apart from user error) on the XT 2.

AND even less using Windows 7.

It was mostly people wanting to use "Flicks" and two/three finger touch modes...In my case single finger touch is plenty

BTW, don't hold you breath waiting for a bigger iPad. As far as I have read it is at the maximum size Apple are prepared to go to.