Keyboardists who perform with their bodies

Posted by: chony

Keyboardists who perform with their bodies - 08/31/10 10:55 PM

I've seen so many YouTube videos of arranger keyboard players who play amazingly, but lack fire and passion in their body language. It seems so easy with a guitar, yet I find most keyboardists struggle with this.

Can anyone recommend youtube videos of keyboardists (arranger or workstation) who are amazing dancers and inspire you not just with their fingers, but with the way their bodies dance and interact with the music? I'm specifically interested in performances.

Thank you.
Chony
Posted by: trident

Re: Keyboardists who perform with their bodies - 09/01/10 02:31 AM

How can anyone dance and play the arranger?

Unless you mean someone moving with the music etc.

There was a video posted here about 5 years ago, with a Dutch (or maybe German) guy who was paying a Tyros in a kind of club, lots of lights, dance floor etc. If my memory serves me well he also sung, not sure though

He was playing standing up and I remember he moved a lot and seemed to really enjoy what he did, his playing was quite good.

I tried to search for the video to no avail. Perhaps a member from that region can help us.
Posted by: Taike

Re: Keyboardists who perform with their bodies - 09/01/10 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
How can anyone dance and play the arranger?

Unless you mean someone moving with the music etc.

There was a video posted here about 5 years ago, with a Dutch (or maybe German) guy who was paying a Tyros in a kind of club, lots of lights, dance floor etc. If my memory serves me well he also sung, not sure though

He was playing standing up and I remember he moved a lot and seemed to really enjoy what he did, his playing was quite good.

I tried to search for the video to no avail. Perhaps a member from that region can help us.

This one, Trident?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUCF34HViHo&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9d-zPI9b0&feature=channel

------------------
Bo pen nyang.
Posted by: trident

Re: Keyboardists who perform with their bodies - 09/01/10 06:06 AM

Taike it was not this one.

The only thing I can be sure is that the post was made BEFORE February-March 2005, since I remember watching the video at work, and we were at our old offices.

If my two brain cells are still alive and working, the guy was blond or fair haired and the environment was a lot darker than the one in the video you supplied. Also, the guy had a website advertising his services.