Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks

Posted by: George Kaye

Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 07:55 AM

Wednesday I will be meeting with the Marketing Manager for Yamaha Arranger Keyboards and someone from the UK to discuss what is needed on future models as it relates to the interface on Yamaha high end arranger keyboards. They are not going to be discussing content of sounds and styles but rather the functions, buttons, etc.

If any of you would like to comment about what you think has been missing or lacking this is your chance to speak up and be heard.

I will be happy to pass on any of your ideas to Yamaha.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 08:29 AM

1- More seperate buttons and knobs, sliders for everything...

2- A "high quality" vocal harmonizer

3- ability to play simultaneous modes in real time ...style, smf, mp3

4- Bigger display screen with tilt on all models.

5- BLACK COLOR BODY

6- Dual XLR Mic inputs

7- Front load dual USB

8- Smaller footprint & lighter weight

9- Upgrade the MusicFinder to allow you to store transposed keys with the data as well as smf/mp3 with better search functions.

10- On back keep ALL inputs/outputs to the extreme left or righ sides leaving middle empty not to be blocked by keyboard stands like the Apex, etc.

11- design High Quality soft & hard cases for all models upon release.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-16-2010).]
Posted by: adimatis

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 09:52 AM

Hi George!

I am not really into Yamaha arrangers, but here's what I'd like to see in all of the arrangers: as many asignable buttons and sliders as possible.

And, if they would make a stick pitch bender / modulation rather than wheels, I might buy a Yamaha.
Posted by: kla4

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 10:05 AM

George,
I have some for Tyros XX :
Set the default Modulation-wheel value to zero (no matter what the wheel's position is after changing voices. e.g. You can use Hammond samples and Leslie to Fast. (wheel turned to max)
After switching to another instrument the modulation is mostly unwanted and players have to pull the wheel back asap.... pretty annoying.

No bigger display... it suits perfectly to normal needs.

No touch display.

No more knobs.... perhaps 'real drawbars'

One XLR mic input (phantom powered)

No black body

+12 keys

Roel (Waiting for his T4 )

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 08-16-2010).]
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 10:19 AM

George - I'd love to see Yammie implement the ability for the Style Creator to accept segments of MIDI songs when building styles. Maybe just the ability to import and process 4-bar and 8-bar segments of MIDIs when creating styles. Since they allow you to play the style segments live, they should be able to allow you to import the data from a MIDI file.

Would like a black case and fix the MusicFinder to allow you to store transposed keys with the data as well.

Thanks!
Randy
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 11:14 AM

George,

Thanks for creating this post, and I sincerely hope some of the comments are considered. For me, I'm pretty happy with everything on my OLD PSR-3000s, with the possible exception of the vocal processor. Switching to a vocal processor along the lines of the TC Helicon Harmony-M would go a long way. And, the addition of phantom power would be a huge improvement.

For me, keep that silver color--it reflects heat instead of absorbing it like black does.

The display on the S-910 is really great, but still could be improved to make it sunlight viewable LCD super-twist.

The indicator lamps on the buttons are still low level LEDs, which cannot be seen at all outdoors, even in the shade. It wouldn't take a lot to make them sunlight viewable as well.

Thanks for thinking of us and good luck at the meeting.

Cheers,

Gary
Posted by: jedi

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 11:49 AM

Hi George ,

Here is my wish list !!

FSX Keybed on the PSR models

Keep the color SILVER { NOT BLACK ! , sorry Donny }

As far as the Tyros line :

FREE Voice & Styles ( within reason , or reduce cost )

Metal Body would be a must , way to much to pay for plastic , of course they could keep the plastic and drop the price

Have BUILT-IN Speakers !! ( for use as monitors or small venues ) { Roland did it with the E80 ! }

XLR audio out

Firewire ( 800 ) or USB 3

3 Year Warranty with buyer credit for trade-up within that period.

There it is !! , I know I`m dreaming

Gary   
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 11:55 AM

They need to put the reg mem buttons back under the screen. All players from beginner to pro will find this so much easier.

I use both hands on the reg mem buttons for very rapid sound changes as in the horn sections of a big band.

They could put them under the useless sliders, or better, they could put the sliders up and to the left of the screen. Or they could remove the sliders (best idea)

I will probably not purchase any more Tyros models unless this is done. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 12:01 PM

I echo the need for an improved harmonizer. I would like to see a "restart" button as an arranger feature so that the measure would start over when the button is pressed.

Thanks,

Beakybird
Posted by: Diki

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 01:08 PM

A 76 PSR...

Akai import for the sampler

A chord sequencer

(normally just lurking, but this one is important)
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 03:54 PM

76 keys.
The ability to split the keyboard in the right hand 2 times.
4 gb of flash memory.
Assignable sliders and knobs.
A module version.
Posted by: shim

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 04:25 PM

- Please make the voice buttons (brass, guitar piano etc.) closer to the screen and with bigger buttons.

I find it very difficult to change voices with the buttons all the way on the far right and tiny ones at that.

I prefer them to be right next to the screen on the right. and with bigger buttons, similar to the psr 2000 3000 1500 etc.

- Also, leave the multi pads on the left side, as in older models, and have the one touch setting closer to the middle.

- Make that the OTS of a PRESET style can be changed without having to save it as a user style.

- Make them BLACK!

[This message has been edited by shim (edited 08-16-2010).]
Posted by: TedS

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 06:45 PM

George, how about...
-A dedicated button for "On Bass" chord recognition (or a user-definable button that can be assigned this function)
-Mark and Jump buttons (and the related functionality) to play along with MIDI files
-Dedicated knob to balance "live" vs backing tracks
-At least one "assignable slider" (or allow the modulation wheel to be remapped for this purpose)
-Software support for the MFC-10 foot controller (or better still a new, smaller MFC-6 foot controller)
-Larger screen, say 640 x 480

Thanks!

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 06:59 PM

Keep it coming! This is great. I promise you we will discuss everything posted.
Thanks again,

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 07:15 PM

It's time they made cases the way we have been wanting. The ones they have available are too long. We don't need them to carry the speakers. We want them so they fit sideways in cars. Their hardshell case weighs more than the Tyros !

I want to see cases like the Guradian which weighs only 11 pounds available:
http://www.guardiancases.com/ck010.html

I also want to have the cases made for Oostendorp in the Netherlands available. Only 13 pounds:
http://www.oostendorp-muziek.nl/Yamaha_Tyros_1_30065.html

I would like to see a setting for drums that have a choice between CD quality drums and actual Live sounding drums.

I would like more global settings, especially to beef up the drums and bass. Including volume, eq, etc.

A 76 note PSR.

Being able to save more on the Music Finder, such as transpose.

A tap tempo that is accurate. I am a drummer and I can tell you the current tap tempo is way too touchy. It's all over the place.

Get the multi pad buttons back where they were, along with the reg mem buttons.

How about a built in function that causes third party styles and midis to normalize and also set the other parameters the same as they are with the onboard styles.
http://ScottLMusic.com
Posted by: Robbo

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 07:48 PM

Hi George,

I know I'm dreaming but here goes!!

The XF just released, synth wstation, why oh why cant it have arranger functions, its already got arpegiators on board and so on, i think this addresses most of the wants listed previously, it seems like we are going round in circles when the answer is right in front of us, check out Bert Smorenberg's demo on Sonicstate.com
Posted by: sunny152

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 08:09 PM

Hello George ,

Here is my wish list for Tyros 4!

1.Built in speakers.

2.sponzy feel keyboard very convenient for the players with light touch(Weighted keys not needed)

3.RAM memory atleast 2GB.

4.Programable extra buttons: In case of layering of voices L1,R1,R2,R3. The four layering voices is inadequate in case of loading Pipe organ stops.We need to load and play atleast 10 stops at a time.So extra buttons R1 TO R10 or extra 10 programmable buttons just like Korg professional arranger keyboards.

5.Downloadable Organ Flutes Voices : The organ drawbar section in Tyros-3 is fantastic but limited to 20 organ flutes voices only.We need extra organ flutes voices to be downloaded and the sliders should work for the downloadable organ voices.

6.XLR dual microphone inputs with independent volume controls is welcome.

7.Digital SPDIF output is needed or USB support for audio for connecting USB Monitors and mixers.

8.Style tempo lock button : A new tempo lock feature/button is very much needed to freeze selected tempo even if we stop and select another style without going to default values.Who need default tempo?

9.New Theatrical DSP effects for live playing: There is lot of difference between live and onboard recorded sound of Tyros-3 .The recorded sound is having more depth and great theatrical effect when compared to live sound.We need deep theatrical effects (cinema sound) in DSP/REVERB for live performance.

10.Non volatile RAM (NVRAM)/flash memory to keep the expansion voices into memory after powering off the Tyros, and then avoid the long load process when powering on the keyboard.

11.Increase/decrease the Style tempo with a foot pedal

12.Encoding from HDR and playing MP3 files in the Tyros. Having a MP3 play list too.

13.A better way to play automatic guitar strums with Mega-voices on keyboard (something like, as soon as 4 keys are played, a full strum in the 2 directions in phase with tempo) with Harmonic.

14.Loading VST voices and drum loops automatically into keyboard voices and styles.

15.Assigning Brightness(filter) to the modulation wheel very useful for live playing.

16.Stick pitch bender/modulation rather than wheels.

Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 08-16-2010).]

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 08:54 PM

With some of these added features get ready for a $5000.00+ Tyros next!
Posted by: hitman

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 09:24 PM

As ROBO said,

tell them to create an add-on arranger feature for the Motif XF.
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 10:33 PM

George , please tell them that yamaha are losing a huge amount of sales to korg simply because they dont have a fully featured sampler and sequencer on board. these functions wont add a jot to the weight or expense of the keyboard and wont put existing yamaha customers off as they dont have to use these functions if they dont want to or dont want to learn to but these functions are essential to any serious musician that does not want to use a computer to make their own music.

These are major shortfalls in yamaha products and the sole reason i bought a korg over a yamaha.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 10:40 PM

Hi George,
an Arranger Module would be brilliant.
Then we could have 76 notes, 88 notes, whatever.
I'd luv to add one to my Clavinova CLP or to my Korg.

best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/16/10 10:57 PM

You just beat me to it Rikki...

I am also waiting for arranger modules!

cheers
EJ

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 01:07 AM

Monitor speakers with the brackets that attach to the keyboard minus the subwoofer. With tone and volume knob.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 03:11 AM

1.XLR Mic Inputs
2.Better Vocal Harmonizer
3.MFD feature that works like the Korg's Songbook i.e. remembers any changes to settings made including the key.
(since registrations already do that I wouldn't think the implementation including MFD should be all that difficult it would probably be changes to firmware only)
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 05:36 AM

MusicFinder remembering all settings like Korg Songbook is critical, one of the main reasons I did not purchase a Tyros 3 and will not purchase a Yamaha until it is available.
Posted by: korg4god

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 06:46 AM

Just 2 words:

touchscreen
module

(or three words if you call it touch screen)

Posted by: dtrue

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 03:12 PM

George,
Thank you for your efforts here...
Buttons - make them so the paint don't come off! Seems like the 9000Pro had rubber buttons that did not wear.
And of course, XLR mic connections.
Dick

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 03:25 PM

Hi Eddie,
pity there's not more of us.
I had all the Roland modules, the Korg , and even a Technics.
Every one of them stopped making them. Yamaha never even tried, unless they somehow count the QY series as some sort of arranger module ( had those too) haahaa.

Maybe one day, but I won't hold my breath.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
You just beat me to it Rikki...

I am also waiting for arranger modules!

cheers
EJ
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 04:53 PM

Arranger module!!!
Ciao,
Jerry
Posted by: jdx

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 05:12 PM

Hi George
A dedicated "pianist" buton would be handy to switch immediately from split mode to piano mode without setting it up in registrations etc.
Cheers JDX.
Posted by: moldmaker

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 05:35 PM

I would have to agree with the folks who would like to see an arranger module from Yamaha.
Wally
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 05:56 PM

- more robust and useful Music Finder. As mentioned, look to Korg for how well it should be done.

- more assignable options to the sliders and the wheels. Everytthing should be assignable.

- a couple or 4 assignable buttons for you to customize per your choice

- map the tempo increase/decrease to the pedal. a way to more easily and smoothly vary the tempo during a song would go a long way in reducing the mechanical feel

- fix the sliders so they do not "jump" in and out when you first move them. makes using them frustrating and can produce huge unexpected variations in track volumes.

- increase user memory A LOT. Or ditch it all together if it isn't needed. It's just another tab to pass by when pushing buttons

- allow HD and or USB drive to be the first tab that is displayed when going to voices/files, etc. Always having to tab past internal, user, HD to get to USB takes too long.

- finally, get rid of all the menu choice buttons along the bottom of the screen and return to allowing all those be page buttons only. On some menus, you see only 2 or 3 pages and have to continually hit next over and over to get to a given page. All 8 buttons at the bottom of the screen should go to pages 1-8, 8-16, etc.

- put the on/off switch back on top

- please do something better than the existing speakers. they suck

Tom G.
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 06:41 PM

And three more...

- PLEASE alphabetize the styles on all the style categories. The current random order is a pain when sifting through 5 or 6 pages of styles

- desperately need a SEARCH feature to quickly find styles, songs, etc

- allow all OTS to be customized and saved to the built in styles. change the deal of having to create copies of styles to do this

Tom G.
Posted by: chony

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 07:49 PM

I know you said it's not about the sounds but still ...

Please mention that we need more realistic drums. It doesn't need to be live drums like the Audya, but it is essential to have something better than what we have now.

This ONE change, will change the entire sound of the keyboard since everything on an arranger uses drums...

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/17/10 09:55 PM

2 more things:

- We absolutely need WAY more than 3MB of USER RAM since loading custom styles off a USB or HD takes too long on the fly. I believe the Korg has 20MB, but why stop there?

- Copy Korg's guitar strumming feature. It is extremely realistic.
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 07:51 AM

George carries some serious weight in that Yamaha actually listens to him very attentively and hopefully Yamaha will then implement and add some of the features and functions we're discussing here. Thanks George!

Okay, since Yammie seems determined to keep their Top of the Line arranger at a measly "61" keys an arranger module would be the next logical step. Here's to hoping. A 76 key totl arranger "keyboard" would be my preference from Yamaha though.

#2: Make the outer casing "metal" (aluminum, etc.) yet keep the overall weight within acceptable limits e.g. no more than 36 lbs. if possible. If Roland can make a full featured 76 key workstation i.e. the Fantom X weighing 32 lbs and the Fantom G at 36 1/2 lbs Yamaha should be able to keep their next (metal casing) totl arranger in that ballpark weight range too. Especially if it's only "61" keys right?

#3: Quit marketing your totl arrangers to oil sheiks in Saudi Arabia! 99 percent of Planet Earth's population AREN'T rich so puhleeezzzeee quit charging an arm and leg for your totl arranger line! Is that too much to ask?? >> Crickets chirping... as Yamaha will most likely turn a deaf ear to that one. Oh well, I tried.

#4: "Nine" sliders (instead of eight) to function as B3 organ draw bars when needed.

#5: a top notch Vocalizer in conjunction with an XLR Mic input.

#6: More system memory e.g. between 30-70MB or more if possible.

#7: "2" (or more) Gigabytes of Flash RAM like was just given to the new Motif XF.

#8: USB "3.0" would be fantastic too and well worth it for our recording needs plus transferring of files. USB 3.0 is here to stay and is a HUGE increase in speed over USB 2.0 which is basically obsolete.

#9: More Wav Rom would be nice. 1GB of Wav Rom would excel the new Motif XF Wav Rom but Yamaha has done that before with their totl Arranger offering. To at least 'match' the Motif XF wav rom, if they won't exceed it, would be okay too.

#10: Quit marketing your totl arrangers to oil sheiks in Saudi Arabia! Oh, I already mentioned that didn't I?

All the best,
Mike
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 08:15 AM

George..
How did the meeting go?
Eddie
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 11:08 AM

Flash memory, 128 Mb user Memory,audio synchronization with wave/Mp3 files,touch screen,better drums,editable home page (like technics did in the past),appregiator from the XF synth,easy to edit and to make custom style.s (see old Technics),Hdmi output, faster system processor, Digital output Spdif (5.1 surround editable panning ,positioning)
SD card slot,XLR output/input,better vocalist,
Leslie effect with "stop"function and editable.

Just a few ideas for T4/T5

Impuls/Soryt
Posted by: cassp

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 04:31 PM

George, if I'm not too late, I'd like to reiterate the idea of a dedicated prprietary plug-in arranger module and different keybeds, 61,76,88. Ability to add or subtract features with a different level module, etc.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 04:49 PM

Yamaha must be getting some laugh out of reading all these things people want
The T4 is already designed ...any of these request "if at all" implemented would be a few years away anyway.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 06:50 PM

Friends,
My time today with two of the nicest gentleman from both Yamaha US and Yamaha UK/Japan was very productive. One was a marketing manager from the USA and the other a Product Manager formally from the UK and now working closely with Yamaha Japan. His position with Yamaha is in developing both how the keyboard functions and what content is in the keyboards. Not only did we discuss what features I thought were necessary in future models but I also gave him notes of the things all of you have suggested.
We spent a lot of time discussing the possibility of using touch screen technology, the need for improvements in pretty much every area mentioned here. Everything will be taken into consideration I assure you.
I still don't think Yamaha will in the near future come out with a 76 key model. The last pro arranger was the 9000pro and this keyboard didn't sell very well.
We talked about how Yamaha's operating system really hasn't had a big overhaul in many years and that it was in need of some changing.
A module was also discussed and I explained the need for guitar players, accordion players and digital piano/midi controller users to have an arranger module.
I left our meeting knowing that my friends from Yamaha are listening to us and I'm hopeful we will see some changes in the future.
I've had these meeting before with many of the Japanese Engineers but getting to talk with someone who has an input on design, content and operating systems gives me new hopes that some of this stuff can be implemented in the future.
PS Fran.........I even brought up the Chord Sequencer from the old Roland G1000/EM2000 keyboard. I think he liked the idea!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 07:19 PM

Thanks George. You are a true asset to the music industry and a benefactor those of us who frequent the zone.

Gary

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 07:20 PM

Thank you George, for at least bringing the subject up with them. Hopefully one day we may see one.

I think one of the excuses maybe for not having a module is the cost, the fact they they would have to be nearly as expensive as a keyboard version. I for one , don't want a module because I expect it to be cheaper, I want it for the convenience.
I used to luv having my 3 modules midied to my Disklavier piano.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by George Kaye:
[B]
A module was also discussed and I explained the need for guitar players, accordion players and digital piano/midi controller users to have an arranger module.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-18-2010).]

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 09:15 PM

Did you perhaps point out to them that the 9000pro failed for many reasons to do with OS, processor, bugs and the like, and NOT because it was a 76? I seem to remember that the 61 note PSR9000 wasn't a big hit EITHER...

But they didn't stop making 61's...

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 09:44 PM

when I brought up modules I made it a point to explain that the need for a dedicated midi controller was not really important to most of the customers who would buy a module from me. In my store, it is more the person with a digital piano who usually comes in and I can sell a module to. I also explained to Yamaha that as I am sure they are aware, there are so few modules to choose from today and that adding one to their line would be a real advantage for them.
I also keep telling them that a 76 key model with the engine of the PSR910 that could sell in the $2,000.00 range would surely attract a lot of customers.
You might also like to know that the German market is the single largest buyer of arranger keyboards in the world and what the German player wants in a keyboard often influences what the manufactures come out with.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/18/10 10:18 PM

I know the meeting wasn't about sounds and styles, but did they clue you in to whether we will see any changes with the Tyros drums? The T3 was an improvement but not good enough.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/19/10 08:30 AM

Of course the conversation covered the drum topic which I have had many times with Yamaha representatives and all I can say is that the two I spoke with yesterday know all of our thoughts regarding drums. We will have to wait to see!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
Posted by: DonM

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/19/10 09:02 AM

If only they had a decent rim shot, I would almost live with the rest of the drums.
I hope you discussed the vocal harmonizer as well.
Thanks for all you do,
DonM

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/19/10 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Did you perhaps point out to them that the 9000pro failed for many reasons to do with OS, processor, bugs and the like, and NOT because it was a 76? I seem to remember that the 61 note PSR9000 wasn't a big hit EITHER...

But they didn't stop making 61's...

Welcome back Diki you were truly missed!
Posted by: trident

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/19/10 03:29 PM

Welcome back Diki.
Posted by: ricok987

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/20/10 04:40 AM

How about a leslie simulator on/off button right near the pitch bend/modulation wheel?

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/20/10 02:26 PM

Still primarily lurking, guys... But this topic is close to my heart.

Doesn't anyone in Germany play PIANO?
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/21/10 10:54 AM

Thanks again, George... for all you do for all of us. I'm hoping the price of the 910 will come down when the Tyros 4 comes out. I know the meeting is already over... but in case you have future contact... newer sounding instruments/voices... such as a dobro would really be a great tool for Country and Bluegrass writers and performers.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/21/10 12:15 PM

Quote:
Still primarily lurking, guys... But this topic is close to my heart.

Doesn't anyone in Germany play PIANO?

Lurking? that won't last long I know your chomping at the bit

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/21/10 08:53 PM

Sadly, no. I'm just biding my time, waiting for the heaven on earth, peace, love and nirvana to break out on this forum, as apparently, my presence here was the only thing preventing that...

So far, still waiting
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/22/10 02:01 AM

Quote:
Sadly, no. I'm just biding my time, waiting for the heaven on earth, peace, love and nirvana to break out on this forum, as apparently, my presence here was the only thing preventing that...

So far, still waiting

Ha Ha...and I'm waiting for the poo to hit the propeller, as apparently your presence here was the the only thing causing it...

So far, still waiting...

Ian

BTW...good to see you back, Diki...I hope things are okay, especially work-wise.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/22/10 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Ha Ha...and I'm waiting for the poo to hit the propeller, as apparently your presence here was the the only thing causing it...

So far, still waiting...

Ian

BTW...good to see you back, Diki...I hope things are okay, especially work-wise.

Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/29/10 01:28 PM

Well done George, put me in the "PSR910 + 76 notes" crowd. The 76 notes would tempt me to an instant upgrade, otherwise we could be waiting until my psr3000 expires!

A few 10's of meg of internal memory would be nice but not critical. If not doing sampling that's all you need.

And a Right3 wouldn't go amiss either!

Shucks, that's pushed the cost up again...

As has been said in the past, I don't see that the 76 key issue is that hard to solve, given that the CVPs are arranger keyboards disguised as full sized piano's and the budget 76 key bed has been around for quite some time. I appreciate that there may not be a huge profit margin in the exercise but it would surely attract non-Yamaha players who need 76 keys and would appreciate the easy to use Yamaha interface. If not in the market at all you will never attract possible buyers.

I don't consider the new budget 76 Yamaha "piano" to have sufficient arranger or midi playback capabilities to count as a possibility. Home use yes, pro use no.
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/30/10 07:56 AM

Yamaha is so damm stubborn...don't think a 76 is in the cards for now...
Hope I'm wrong..
I ant the T4 to be 76 sure, do the S920 too!

Lee S.

Re: Meeting With Yamaha Marketing Folks - 08/30/10 03:00 PM

Yeah.... the 9000pro wasn't a big hit (don't recall the 61 9000 being a big hit either, mind you), so that OBVIOUSLY proves that there is NO market for a 76 arranger

Makes you wonder why they even BOTHER with the CVP's, as Yamaha have obviously worked out that NO-ONE that plays an arranger really needs anything more than 61 wanky plastic keys...