So, Korg Pa owners still wait...

Posted by: CoasterTim

So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 04:37 AM

Has Korg abandoned us? Where's the free software upgrades...the fresh new styles and DNC voices? From what I hear the Pa arrangers are capable of more. Korg, why do you keep us waiting? I was expecting more from the Music Mess.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 05:54 AM

DITTO!! I've been waiting, instead decided to sell my PA2xpro.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Has Korg abandoned us? Where's the free software upgrades...the fresh new styles and DNC voices? From what I hear the Pa arrangers are capable of more. Korg, why do you keep us waiting? I was expecting more from the Music Mess.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50
Posted by: Diki

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 01:42 PM

I must admit that I'm disappointed that Korg haven't leveraged the enormously powerful DNC section into an SA2 beater (or at least, equaler) by now. How long has it been out? Well over a year, now, isn't it..?

What's the point of the capability, without the content?

A PA2eXPro seems a logical next step... I was disappointed to learn the PA800ex was NOT this next, obvious incarnation. What's the hold up, Korg?

And James, you want to work on sample sets where there is little or no competition at all? Try DNC sounds for Korg arrangers...
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 05:00 PM

Korg are probably saving any new developements in the PA range for PA3X . No business can keep providing free updates in definately and korg needs to sell new keyboards just like any other business.
Posted by: mc

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 03/31/10 05:23 PM

You all correct, Korg introduced the DNC voices over a year ago and no follow up. I haven't seen any new styles incorporating the new voices as far as a free upgrade or even a paid upgrade. I wonder what they got brewing? Could they have move past the DNC voices and are trying to develop audio wav voices instead?
Posted by: Diki

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/01/10 04:12 AM

Not sure if DNC voices can be used by the styles (I know Yamaha's SA2 ones can't), but they sure could be used by the RH solo section...

It just seems utterly pointless to bring DNC out for a PA2X update, and then not release any content until a PA3X. They'd have got a better bang for their buck doing BOTH at the same time...

Even if it is just a few sounds to load up in the sampler, a great sax, a clarinet, some of the most popular SA2 type lead sounds... A) plenty of PA2X users actually WOULD pay for that, rather than just pirate it (Yamaha users pay for extra sounds happily enough), and B) Korg would have something out there to directly challenge SA2 rather than let it have the field to itself until the mythic PA3X arrives (which may still be a good couple of YEARS away).

It's baffling...
Posted by: FransN

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/02/10 07:37 AM

Korg PA500 Musikant has an update to version 3.0 See the German site
http://www.korg.de/nc/news/news-uebersicht/datum////res-version-30-fuer-pa500-musikant.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=6921&cHash=bd257f0bee
Posted by: Taike

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/02/10 07:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xis-gJa30

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/02/10 09:45 AM

Thanks for the link Taike

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/02/10 06:45 PM

I have installed version 3.0 on my Musikant and it just sound great. Almost everything onboard has been tweaked. Its unbelievable what you get for your money. A very Happy Korg owner.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-02-2010).]
Posted by: Nedim

Re: So, Korg Pa owners still wait... - 04/03/10 01:19 AM

Yes Diki, on PA you can use DNC in Styles but not in the same way as in Sound Mode, the Pysical
controllers wont work since they cant be assigned (switches, Joystick and stuff) but
everything else will work exactly as in Sound Mode.