HankB at home

Posted by: DonM

HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:01 AM

They have moved Hank to his home and he is under Hospice care. He is still heavily sedated, but his wife and daughter are there to take care of him and the Hospice people come by regularly. This has been a tremendous task for both Hank and the family and will only get harder as time passes.
I will go to visit him in a couple of hours. I'm hoping he will be more comfortable there.
DonM
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:10 AM

It's a tough go looking after someone at home...I looked after an uncle with Alzheimer's for about three years. Even with help from Home Care, it sure took a lot out of me.

Would I do it again? Of course.

Family is family.

All the best to Hank and his kin.

Ian
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:13 AM

WE will keep him in our prayers!!
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:15 AM

Peace to Hank and his family...

God Bless...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:26 AM

A lot of us will be thinking of Hank, every day.

He's so lucky to have a support system of family and friends.

Russ
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:31 AM

Don,

Please tell Hank hi for me and wish him my best.

Tom
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 08:41 AM

Don,
Let Linda know that she, Hank, and their family remain in our prayers ...
t.
Posted by: Kingfrog

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 10:27 AM

Haven't been posting here..but I have been following these updates and notes about this fellow Hank and have kept him in my prayers. I cannot imagine what the family is going through even though my wife had early detected cancer four years ago. My father dies last year with Leukemia but he was ambulatory until his last day, thank God.

My prayers are with this man I don't know and especially his family.

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 10:46 AM

Kingfrog, it's good to hear from you again. I always tell Hank about everyone's prayers and wishes. I think he hears most everything but has trouble responding now.
Hank has been my best friend for the past 20 years and there is not a better person in the world. I'm so sad that this had to happen to him.
DonM
Posted by: trident

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 12:00 PM

Best of luck to Hank and patience for his family.

Welcome back, Kingfrog.
Posted by: msutliff

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 01:49 PM

Ditto!

Wishing only the best for your dear friend Hank and his family.

Saying hello to Kingfrog and hoping to see more posts from him.

-mike

PS. Go Vikings!
Posted by: brickboo

Re: HankB at home - 01/21/10 02:04 PM

Don,
Drew and I had a wonderful time with you and Hank. I'll never forget him. What a very wonderful person. Take care of you and Hank friend.
Posted by: Songman55

Re: HankB at home - 01/22/10 06:50 AM

Don,

My prayers are with you and Hank and his family at this time.

Joe
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: HankB at home - 01/22/10 07:10 AM

I hope to visit with Hank today. We have been in constant for years and he is a dear friend.

Gary

Re: HankB at home - 01/22/10 03:41 PM

Gary, Carol and I went to visit with Hank this afternoon. He was able to speak with us for quite a while. It's the first time in a couple of weeks that he has been alert enough and had strength enough to talk.
I think he cut back on his pain medication so he would be lucid enough to visit with Gary.
DonM
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: HankB at home - 01/22/10 04:34 PM

Hank and Don are still on our prayer list.
Keep on keeping on
Bebop
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: HankB at home - 01/23/10 08:16 AM

It was a heart-rendering experience seeing my old friend Hank in his final stages of lt life. Fortunately, he was at home, surrounded by friends and family. The phone rang constantly with calls from distant friends. I'll never forget what he said when I came in the door. "I'm so glad you're here. I just had to hang on until you got here."

We talked about the upcoming jam, the people that would be there and how we all wished he could join in the fun. He asked if I found that new boat yet, and said he would love to go fishing again.

After about 45 minutes the pain he battles daily was returning and it was time for his medications.

Gary