Happy new year

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Happy new year - 01/07/10 04:31 PM

Hi gang! Seems like forever since I've been around. Life is good - hectic, but good. My teaching takes all the time my own kids don't use, I play bari sax in a 9pc cover band (LOVE IT), and sadly, my long time redhead friend from 40 years ago passed away on Christmas this year. Sad way to start the new year, but we all deal with what we must. She had lost herself in the evils of alcohol and it caused her to have seizures which played a part in her passing. So sad... this was my first true love.

Anyway - on lighter tones - glad to see so many of the same faces here, and I wish you all a happy new year. Daughter and grandson live with me now - he's 3 and thriving ... a real joy to watch. Be well and be happy in 2010 people and don't bicker too much! LOL life's too fragile.

Peace in this new year to all.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Happy new year - 01/07/10 06:09 PM

Hey Dave...have a great New Year yourself.

Ian
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Happy new year - 01/07/10 06:21 PM

Dave. Good to see you. Seeing fellow sz old timers resurface (circa 1999 and earlier) feels like a nostalgic high school reunion. My deepest sympathy over the lost of your redhead friend. Glad to hear that you and your daughter are together raising your grandson though. The best to you in 2010. - Scott
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Happy new year - 01/07/10 07:20 PM

Dave,

Great to see you posting again. I sent an email to you a few days ago, but it was bounced back. Did you change your email address?

Gary
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Happy new year - 01/07/10 07:49 PM

UD... nice of you to drop in... good to hear from you ...
Wishing you and yours the best of everything in 2010...
t.
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Happy new year - 01/07/10 10:38 PM

I always enjoyed your posts, Unc. Come on back!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 12:20 AM

It's always great to see you posting here UD. Sorry about the loss of your friend but glad to hear everything else is going well for you.
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 12:21 AM

Hey Dave...

Great to hear from you...

Don't be a stranger!

Have a great 2010...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 04:20 AM

Hi all ... Gary, my email is the same - resend! Snowing here in chilly Philly .... that means I can sleep in a little more - school opens 2 hrs late today yayyyyy!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 08:09 AM

I'm glad to hear from you, too, you old honorary Kentucky "Redneck".

Russ
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 08:17 AM

Hey Dave, I played bari sax in HS and in the ROTC band at Ohio State... it was a blast!

Glenn
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 08:31 AM

Hi Dave,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a brother in 2000, same circumstances.I lost another brother in march of 09.

We just need to keep on keeping on.Music keeps you young and grand kids as well.

Happy New Year.
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 09:36 AM

Dave

Nice see you, here.
Now I can remember great SZ old times.
Chico
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 10:10 AM

WOW ... UD, Scott and Chico in the same thread ... seems like old times ... maybe a good start to the new year ?!? ... if only some others were around ...
t.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 05:26 PM

Uncle Dave, Happy New Year! Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences. John Barleycorn can wreak havoc, no question about it.

Wishing you the best in 2010. Time for me to get back on the 6 week program.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 05:27 PM

Fat fingers on the keyboard Double Post.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-08-2010).]

Re: Happy new year - 01/08/10 05:31 PM

6 weeks...yeah, ME to - need to get back to my fightin' weight! WAIT - I NEVER fight! LOL