Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag...

Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/16/09 02:28 PM

http://keyboardmag.com/article/paul-shaffers-letterman/December-2009/105217

Enjoy!

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/16/09 08:32 PM

Interesting stuff ... but not having heard Paul Shaeffer in a live interview before, I couldn't help but wonder what was in that cup he was drinking from ?!?!? ...
t.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/16/09 08:41 PM

Confirmed: He uses Bose Classic L1 as a monitor.

Unconfirmed: Is he using a half-stack or has it been rigged so the top half is used but not stacked on the lower half?

Eddie
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 02:42 AM

To me it looked like he split them...How I don't know...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 06:22 AM

...didn't he say something about that in the interview?
I thought the use of the Bose was interesting and would generate some comment here ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-17-2009).]
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 06:55 AM

they show both halves of the bose but he said they (tv people) didn't want them stacked as they would be too tall and stand out.

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 07:19 AM

When the first Bose L1 was introduced it appeared stacked among Paul's gear. Shortly afterward the top stack was taken off at the request of the CBS suits.

There was some talk at the time that Bose reconfigured his L1 just for use on the Late Show set...but I have never seen that confirmed.

Eddie

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 09:57 AM

Thanks Brian. That was an interesting thread from the Bose site.
Eddie
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/17/09 12:27 PM

Great stuff, a "puff" B3 and a view of the Hudson from a penthouse apartment!! Pretty fine living. Although a view from a penthouse on Florida Gulf coast ain't too bad either.
Posted by: --Mac

Re: Paul Schaeffer's rig/Video Interview with Keyboard Mag... - 12/19/09 04:14 PM

Heesh drunk.