A bit late September Ejam entry

Posted by: pasadoble

A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 03:18 PM

Hi guys..recorded this back before my Spanish holiday mid Sept for the ejam but never got the oppurtunity to upload till now, know it's a bit late the thread's seem to be long gone with none active so hope ok to start new thread..

September in the Rain..

PSR S900
Style Modern Jazz @ tempo 218
All parts turned off except for electric bass and drums..
Pianist mode with full keyboard Jazz Chorus piano and live grand, one shot recording.

My playing's a bit avant garde on this and not everyones cup of tea but its shows the great abilities of the S900.
http://www.box.net/shared/rj7zh5igtq

Best regards

Noel Jay
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 03:57 PM

Nice chops!

Well done...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 04:14 PM

Noel, I love your rendition of September in the Rain. Impressive chops with terrfic solos played, especially if (as you say) everything was recorded 'in one pass' (wow) on your humble 61 note S910 arranger. I especially appreciate your jazz style (including rootless chords) played, of which showcases how an arranger (in capable hands such as yours) can sound so 'live & spontaneous' (vs canned). Looking forward to hearing more from you. Bravo!

Scott
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 06:13 PM

Noel ... once again man, you WOW me ...
I LOVE listening to you play !!!
thnx,
t.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 06:57 PM

Nice, very nice! I see one of your hobbies is diving for lost gold and silver. Don't know whether you ever found any silver, but it sounds like you found gold with your playing.
Posted by: Diki

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 08:57 PM

Very nice... Great to hear some straight ahead here.
Posted by: Taike

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 10:06 PM

I like that one. Very nice.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.
Posted by: pasadoble

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/04/09 11:03 PM

Cheers for listening guys...as Scott says the S900 does a terrific job working out the bass lines over my rootless chord choices at such speed...I have a jazz trio and we play this stuff all the time but my bassist gulped when he heard how accurate and fluent the S900 can be.

Good to see you posting again Scott !! takes me back to the old days when we were all raving about the PSR2000..lol

Enjoy whatever you play.

Noel J
Posted by: cgiles

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/05/09 07:14 AM

Very nice, Noel. My fingers have gotten too arthritic to play that fast anymore (brain doesn't work that fast either ). Nice job. Keep THAT music alive.

chas
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: A bit late September Ejam entry - 10/05/09 08:27 AM

Wonderful, Noel! Nice innovative variations on the lead line. Worth waiting for.

Thanks,

Russ